Oldie Q but goodie

Supremes Itching

Linda Jones Just can't live my life

Edited by SoulBoyRecords
  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Beautiful intro on this Soul Stunner from The Artistics  - Girl I Need You   :yes:  :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Nice intro on this Golden Oldie - The 5 Royales - Catch That Teardrop  😎  :thumbsup: 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
On 07/11/2018 at 09:35, Bruv said:

Beautiful intro on this Soul Stunner from The Artistics  - Girl I Need You   :yes:  :hatsoff2:

love this one, Brunswick was a label for a lot of great uplifting records, pure joy, the alternative Motown I guess

soul source url
Posted
59 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Nice intro on this Golden Oldie - The 5 Royales - Catch That Teardrop  😎  :thumbsup: 

Which venue was this played at first? First time I heard it was about 10 years ago as the ' roots of Northern Soul ' nights evolved.

Ed

soul source url
Posted

the beginning to this is magical...

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
36 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Which venue was this played at first? First time I heard it was about 10 years ago as the ' roots of Northern Soul ' nights evolved.

Ed

Be interesting to know Ed, I heard it played out a few weeks back.  loving the lyrics - I know I goofed up our romance but baby give me one more chance...

I know the feeling...:facepalm:  

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Bruv said:

Be interesting to know Ed, I heard it played out a few weeks back.  loving the lyrics - I know I goofed up our romance but baby give me one more chance...

I know the feeling...:facepalm:  

Was it not known at the Wheel? Dx

soul source url
Posted

Fabulous intro on this P. P. Arnold- Everything's Gonna Be Alright Classic spin... :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2: 

soul source url
Posted

Great intro on this Outstanding  Northern Soul Classic - Jack Montgomery's - Dearly Beloved   :yes:  :thumbsup:  

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Great intro on this Outstanding  Northern Soul Classic - Jack Montgomery's - Dearly Beloved   :yes:  :thumbsup:  

Yer but no but yer but surely this is an equal match!

Ed

soul source url
Posted

this one just gets straight to the point, no messing around

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

The first 16 seconds of this blew my mind when I first heard them. Sadly I could never had predicted the mess that would follow from the 17th second onward. Despite what the title suggests, I can assure you I really was down. What a waste. 

soul source url
Posted

So underplayed and just so Soulful

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Takes some beating 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

I agree entirely with @Bruv and @tomangoes about the great Jack Montgomery intros, but then those than know my soul music preferences, know that I am a fanatical fan of his anyway. Though not familiar with the Joann Courcy song posted by @shufflin I like it too. 

My personal choice of great intros outside of my beloved Tamla Motown stable, would be The Girl Across The Street, by Moses Smith, Tony Middleton's, To The Ends Of The Earth, Johnny 'Guitar' Watson and Larry Williams, Too Late, Chuck Jackson's Any Day Now (My Wild Beautiful Bird ) and Hand It Over, but to name a few.

As for the Tamla Motown songs, The Supremes, Stoned Love (The long Version), Brenda Holloway's, Think It Over (Before You Break My Heart) and Blinky's It's Gonna Be Always, again, to name just a few. 

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Unbelivable !!!!!

Edited by polyvelts

soul source url
Posted

One you just don't hear anymore

and the bleedni' obvious.. Edwin Starr  SOS.

soul source url
Posted

'Cause you're mine' has to have one of the very best intros there is - the songs a bit frantic for my 'robust' frame on the whole though.
Dx

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Guest profile photo