SHEFFSOUL

Smokey Robinson?

SR & Miracles..i heard it through the grapevine. LP, Tamla motown/sounds superb. did any of these tracks come out on 45? UK or US most notably his version of More , more, more of your love?

SR & Miracles..i heard it through the grapevine. LP, Tamla motown/sounds superb. did any of these tracks come out on 45? UK or US most notably his version of More , more, more of your love?

Per DFTMC no single release for either track.

one of numerous motown releases on a BUDGET label so you get what you pay for,

though some of yielded northern classics like gladys knight stranger ,

isley bros my love is your love and the one you mentioned amongst others 

kev

Edited by kevinsoulman

so..were these tracks recorded especially for this budget series..or were they pulled from existing recordings that never made it to vinyl/ were not considered single worthy?

so..were these tracks recorded especially for this budget series..or were they pulled from existing recordings that never made it to vinyl/ were not considered single worthy?

Both tracks appeared on Tamla LP's - "More, more, more of your love" from  "Away we a go-go" with "I heard it through the grapevine" appearing on "Special occasion"

I've got a Music For Pleasure album called Motown Magic. That's got some interesting covers on it as well. It's got Smokey's version of HITTG on it, and Gladys Knight - The Stranger plus The Supremes doing Heatwave.

post-2123-0-83852700-1420237008_thumb.jp

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.