Guest Neil-ok

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Aah what a shame, I thought this was going to be the 60's clip from that movie he appeared in - instead it's the SWONS version.

Yeah Pete , I have on video the great original 60's performance Dobie did in the movie "Out of Sight" from '66, in colour it was too !

In Oz, the Festival label issued a rare 45 with that movie's theme tune as by the Nick Venet Orchestra !!!

Shame I'm computer illiterate , so I can't post Dobie's clip :P

Social source share

the soundtrack lp of "Out of Sight"on Brunswick is very rare......with the extended version of OOTF....Dave Alcocks estate has it (reserved by me when Tim A...gets round to it)....no cover.....i wonder if it got a proper release.......came from Pete Widd originally if memory serves.....

Social source share

the soundtrack lp of "Out of Sight"on Brunswick is very rare......with the extended version of OOTF....Dave Alcocks estate has it (reserved by me when Tim A...gets round to it)....no cover.....i wonder if it got a proper release.......came from Pete Widd originally if memory serves.....

pretty sure I've got this but its on Decca, black Decca label infact - and it has the sleeve

Social source share

is yours US or UK grant?....its about 20 years since i last saw it....i think Daves was UK.....

dunno mate - will check tonite when i get home, but defo has the extended OOTF version on it....think I played it out once and a few peeps came up and said they noticed a slight difference in the track, so I explained it was a bit longer, think the ending is different if I remember right. Whats the rarest of the 2 - US or UK or both the same?

Grant

Social source share

heres a run-down of the film...(if youve got magnifying glass)...i remember the record number was prefixed "LAT"..dunno on rarity......i'm paying £100 for Daves copy..which is a guess as ive never seen one for sale....

I'll scan mine up later - pretty sure mine came4 from US - any idea on value as its one of the few LPs I have left for sale

Social source share

any oldies dj looking for something a bit different.......worth buying......this is rare folks......(that will be 5 guineas for the endorsement ...grant)

no problem mate :D

the vinyl is actually in superb nick, probably played about twice - the cover is also in nice condition with one hole punched in top right corner (import hole?) - never seen another copy and cant even remember when/where i got it :D

Social source share

dunno mate - will check tonite when i get home, but defo has the extended OOTF version on it....think I played it out once and a few peeps came up and said they noticed a slight difference in the track, so I explained it was a bit longer, think the ending is different if I remember right. Whats the rarest of the 2 - US or UK or both the same?

Grant

The version of Out On The Floor on the soundtrack and in the film is an extended version inasmuch as it stops dead at the close instead of a fade out !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!