Blues Busters " Baby I'm Sorry"

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

I bought one a few weeks ago for £10 :thumbsup: BTW it's credited to Phillip and Lloyd (the blues busters) and is on scepter.

Fantastic fantasic record best tenner i've spent in a long while :thumbsup:

Traaaaaaaaaty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Very nice Pete, didn't realise it was the same guy's actually the other side of Baby I'm Sorry is a familiar Reggae tune, thing is i just can't think what at the moment (DOH!!)

Troutster

Social source share

on Jamiacian soul

took liberty of clipping info from this g site

https://www.trinity.unimelb.edu.au/~mwilliam/bj/

also has jamaican charts. playlists and much more along with links to sites

The Blues Busters (Phillip "Boasy" James and Lloyd "Lloydie" Osbourne)

Influences/comparisons: Sam Cooke, Eddie & Ernie, Sam & Dave

Male vocal duo whose gospel-influenced call-and-response Soul pre-dates Sam and Dave. Toured the USA in 1964 with Ska band, Byron Lee & The Dragonaires and supported Sam Cooke and The Drifters on their Jamaican tours. Recorded primarily in Southern Soul style with some Ska. Recorded in New York under the auspices of Atlantic Records (Tom Dowd engineer, produced by Jerry Wexler?) and Kingston. Probably not the same "Blues Busters" who recorded for New-York based Shout label. Covered many Soul hits of the day including songs by The Impressions ('Amen'), Arthur Alexander ('Pretty Girls') and The Temptations ('My Girl'). Their reprise of 'That's Heaven To Me' is arguably superior to Sam Cooke's original.

Crucial cuts: 'Soon You'll Be Gone', 'Behold', 'That's Heaven To Me'.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Probably not the same "Blues Busters" who recorded for New-York based Shout label.

link

That's interesting as Scepter is a NYC label and the 45 was a Tom Moulton produced affair so not inconceivable that they did something on Shout, .....is it??

Trouty

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!