pikeys dog

How Happy Are You?

Interesting survey here:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/50585-which-country-is-the-happiest-in-the-world-hint-its-not-the-us?utm_source=FBTraffic&utm_medium=fijifrost&utm_campaign=CMfacebook

The Happiest Countries in the World.

Do you think this reflects where you live?

I'd be particularly interested in responses from members outside the UK.

I'm assuming the countries in grey don't give a monkey's.? Vietnam seems an overly happy place.

Whereas Chad seems my kind of town.

Edited by KevH

Considering Mexicans are a lot happier than Americans, the traffic appears to be going in the wrong direction.

The Mexicans are happier because they are continually cleaning the place of their rif-raf! :lol:

NYC ( or Omaha-on-the-Hudson as it's now known) sucks.

Syria,Iraq & Libya seem overly optimistic considering

From what I've seen in those places, Algeria and Libya should NOT have the happiest populations in Africa (not that ANY population in Africa should be all that happy)!

Interesting survey here:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/50585-which-country-is-the-happiest-in-the-world-hint-its-not-the-us?utm_source=FBTraffic&utm_medium=fijifrost&utm_campaign=CMfacebook

The Happiest Countries in the World.

Do you think this reflects where you live?

I'd be particularly interested in responses from members outside the UK.

Lots of South American countries in the top 10 marching to happiness land :)

I'm assuming the countries in grey don't give a monkey's.? Vietnam seems an overly happy place.

Whereas Chad seems my kind of town.

The people in those areas of gray refused to particapate in the poll on the grounds that doing so would decrease their level of happiness! :lol:

I live each year, divided among location The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark and USA (with also a few weeks in Canada).

I feel most comfortable in The Netherlands, Denmark and Canada, then, far down the scale in Germany, and way, way down the scale in USA.  I spent a lot of time on England in the 1980s and '90s.  My scale for England would be about half way between Germany and Holland/Denmark.  But, it must be explained that half my family was killed ny The Nazis, I grew up mainly with Auschwitz concentration camp survivors, German society still has The Kaiser's regimented and mathematical logical single way of doing things and thinking, and I have strong family ties in Canada, USA, Holland and Denmark.  I speak English, Dutch/Flemish, Spanish fluently, and enough German, French, Danish/Swedish.Norwegian, Hebrew, Arabic to get along in daily life, but not hold long conversations at cocktail parties, (unless I control the topic). I grew up both in Canada and USA, with summers spent in Holland as a child and youth.  I

On a scale of 0 to 100, 100 being best, here are my personal comfortability ratings of places in which I have dwelt appreciable time:

The Netherlands 91

Canada 90

Belgium 89

Denmark 89

Sweden 86

Norway 85

France 79

UK  73

Germany 62

Israel 58

USA  21

Jordan 19

Syria 13

Malaysia 12

Egypt 8

Sudan 7

Sierra Leone 4

Edited by RobbK

Ha! Ha!   According to the survey, I should be happier when I'm in The UK than in The Netherlands, Canada or Denmark (where I should be most unhappy). That's the opposite of my experience.  Of course, Denmark has a lot of complainers, who really have nothing about which to complain.  Maybe that's why they had such a low rating ' people are irritated by all the people complaining?  :P 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.