Steve S 60

Bad Apple

Possible class action against Apple in the US for misrepresenting the actual amount of storage on its iPads, iPhones and iPods.  The latest operating system takes a big chunk of the available storage on each device, leaving a lot less to store photos, music etc.  Apple then offer the customer additional Cloud storage at a price.  Never been impressed with the lack of expandable storage on Apple devices....

http://news.sky.com/story/1401400/apple-sued-over-iphone-and-ipad-storage-space

I have to agree, lost almost a gb of space with various updates and new updated operating systems.  You should get what is advertised, same for every manufacturer.  I bet most phone companies watching this one closely.

Edited by chalky

It's not just Apple devices that suffer from thias problem. I got rid of my Nexus 4 Smartphone last year for a simaliar reason. It came with 16GB (non expandable) of memory but onyl had 11Gb left after the OS was installed. I ditched it after two weeks and bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini which I now run with a 64GB Micro SD card.

Dave

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.