Selling Question- How Can I Sell The Lower Priced 45S Across The Pond?

Elvisluvs

Happy new year to everyone  :wave:  As I have gone through several cases of 45s , I find that there are discs that sell readily on ebay uk- but not so much here in the states. As in the $1-15 records.  Would anyone have any ideas on selling these more readily? Thanks-Mark

Social source share

You could list them on Discogs.com where listing is free and any fees after a sale will be less than ebay.  To stand much chance selling on ebay steer well clear of the Global Shipping scam, sorry scheme, & offer the lowest possible shipping fee +a good deal for combined shipping to try to encourage a multiple purchase.

Social source share

You could list them on Discogs.com where listing is free and any fees after a sale will be less than ebay.  To stand much chance selling on ebay steer well clear of the Global Shipping scam, sorry scheme, & offer the lowest possible shipping fee +a good deal for combined shipping to try to encourage a multiple purchase.

The main cost around these cheaper items is postage and customs - not listing fees

• Helpful 1
Social source share

List a load of $ 10 to $15 records (ie hundreds) on one listing (all

Individually graded) and offer it as a 'buy it now' for any 6 for $70 (approx £45 at moment)

Shipping should be around $15 and if records are conservatively graded and customs value is set at $12 ($2 per record) you might shift a few....then relist remaining 45s or add more as necessary.

Only one listing fee, quicker and cheaper to pack 6 x45s together than individually and attractive to European buyers....

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Its quite simple - The US market has died over here as far as $1-$15 records due to the increase in postage and the customs charges.

You need to employ someone over here to sell them for you.

There will still be postal charges and possible customs charges.

The main cost around these cheaper items is postage and customs - not listing fees

Completely agree, I'm not trying to suggest that listing fees are an issue I was just offering Discogs as a possible alternative marketplace to the ubiquitous ebay.  If you read the post in full I go on to suggest that to make these cheaper 45's more attractive the buyer has got to be able to combine a few in order to offset the aforementioned additional costs.  I buy plenty of these lower value records from the USA but always in quantities of 3 or 4 upwards.  Naturally common sense would dictate that the £8 handling fee is always factored into the equation.........just in case.

Another consideration for the seller is that if these records are quite common/readily available and of a lower grade then it's probably not even worth bothering in my opinion as buyers will just pick up M- or EX copies from elsewhere.  The only option with these "common" and/or lower grade discs is to list them in lots of 10 or whatever.

As a final thought perhaps Mark could put a list together and post it on the sales forum on this site.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!