What's Not To Like . . . .

Guest MBarrett

Guest MBarrett

. . . . . about this young lady??!! :)

I suppose some will hate her for being young . . . and attractive . . . and talented . . . and daring to do cover versions . . . oh and dimples to die for . . . :D

Not me. :no: It's like she was born to perform this music.

Is she known by anyone? Gigging with live bands etc?

LOADS of stuff on her You Tube channel. Mainstream 60s and 70s soul, commercial end of NS etc. etc. All quality, quality, quality.

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Nice girl, nice voice. But True Talent is writing your own songs, not just covering other peoples - Otherwise it's just BGT. 

Yes but you can be talented at writing songs but hopeless at singing, thats when some writers get others to perform :)

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Sounds a bit like Lulu to me :huh:

This cover is scarily brilliant.

Lulu isn't actually there is she? Just off camera. :ohmy:

Social source share

Yes but you can be talented at writing songs but hopeless at singing, thats when some writers get others to perform :)

Couldn't agree more. Some of the best known artists on our scene never wrote a note, But I think in these days of Karaoke Cowell and his 5 minute wonders, being able to write as well as perform your own songs is more a guarantee of success.

Social source share

Couldn't agree more. Some of the best known artists on our scene never wrote a note, But I think in these days of Karaoke Cowell and his 5 minute wonders, being able to write as well as perform your own songs is more a guarantee of success.

Very true!

Social source share

excellent voice. Far from "murdering" the songs like others did when they tried to cover soul classics.

But she's lacking deepness. Has she ever tried to cover a ballad? I once said to my wife if I'd ever be a judge on X-factor/xxx got talent/whatever show I'll ask them to cover Loleatta Holloways "cry to me". That's a song to separate the wheat from the chaff.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Has she ever tried to cover a ballad?

Pretty good stab at To Sir With Love above if that counts.

There's generally not too much balladwise on her YT channel but she's not frightened to step into some pretty big shoes . . . . . . . !

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

She is a great talent. Bags of confidence and most important passionate about singing. Songwriters who cannot sing need people like her. I think with a custom song for her, she would do it justice. Well done Sarah. Keep doing what you are doing.

Social source share

Guest Juniorsoul

. . . . . about this young lady??!! :)

I suppose some will hate her for being young . . . and attractive . . . and talented . . . and daring to do cover versions . . . oh and dimples to die for . . . :D

Not me. :no: It's like she was born to perform this music.

Is she known by anyone? Gigging with live bands etc?

LOADS of stuff on her You Tube channel. Mainstream 60s and 70s soul, commercial end of NS etc. etc. All quality, quality, quality.

I wouldn't go as far saying she's attractive. Personally, I think she's got a face like melted Lego.

Not a bad voice though.  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I wouldn't go as far saying she's attractive. Personally, I think she's got a face like melted Lego.

Not a bad voice though.  :hatsoff2:

Her sing ain't too bad in a karaoke sort of way. 

She's cute to my eyes but if you are scoring with better looking females than her more power to ya  :thumbsup:

Social source share

She is ok at singing, but I don't like cover versions of Northern Soul songs as it is commercializing the scene!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Juniorsoul

Her sing ain't too bad in a karaoke sort of way. 

She's cute to my eyes but if you are scoring with better looking females than her more power to ya  :thumbsup:

Haha! She's just alright.

Maybe melted lego was a bit harsh, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting...

After 8 Guinness.

Edit; I'd be the one farting after 8 Guinness!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Edited by Juniorsoul
Social source share

Moving this shortly to freebasing as feel thats better suited for such threads

If not read already,  heres the about page from Sarahs account on youtube

Hi there, thank you for visiting my channel. I'm a singer who felt the need to get back into singing after recently having a brain tumour removed..I'm very lucky and thankful that I am still here and able to enjoy singing and share my voice with you. I sing in a fabulous 8 piece soul/funk/reggae/ska/northern soul band called VINYL GROOVE with full on awesome brass section (trumpet/sax/flute/trombone). Get in touch to check availability! Check out the Facebook band link and my own Facebook music page below and click 'like' to check out pics/recordings/gigs and news etc. Looking forward to singing my fav northern soul, soul, motown, ska and reggae tunes at the biggest scooter event in the continent in 2015! Can't wait! :0) Please SUBSCRIBE to my channel! Thank you so much and remember to live every day as if it was your last.....DON'T HESITATE TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE RIGHT NOW!! Sending you much love xx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!