Surely This Can't Be Right

Guest Gogs

After my recent discovery of a copy of Edward Hamilton- baby don't you weep on UK Grapevine in one of my cupboards. i decided to check out what i else i had hidden away in the house and came across a old 100 hold box with 80 odd records in it all re-issues or boots but this was in there

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/76443/PATTEN,_ALEXANDER

surely not worth this!!!

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest chorleybloke

You'd be surprised what these "desirable" bootlegs fetch these days.  A Salvadors boot (not even a lookalike) sold for nearly 200 quid on eBay a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

After my recent discovery of a copy of Edward Hamilton- baby don't you weep on UK Grapevine in one of my cupboards. i decided to check out what i else i had hidden away in the house and came across a old 100 hold box with 80 odd records in it all re-issues or boots but this was in there

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/76443/PATTEN,_ALEXANDER

surely not worth this!!!

They normally go for about + - £30.00, things always tend to be priced higher on JMs site. I've bought a couple of originals for about £150.00 a piece last few of months so the difference between the boot and original isn't so much.

Social source share

You'd be surprised what these "desirable" bootlegs fetch these days.  A Salvadors boot (not even a lookalike) sold for nearly 200 quid on eBay a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers

Pete

There are lot of newcomers buying stuff on Ebay not really knowing what they're buying or even knowing what a pressing represents. If it's been on the telly or in that NS movie then swarms of "musthavers" seem to swoop down on Ebay and bid silly prices. £72.00 for a Darrell Banks on Stateside being a good example.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!