Gladys At The 02 Appolo

Davey S

Had a total nightmare trying to book for the Manchester gig the other night, kept telling me there was a problem with the information I was submitting,

Just sailed through for the Birmingham date, :thumbsup:

Pete. Hope your keeping well mate. I tried about a hour ago and had problems with ticket master website.

Chalky The tickets for Manchester was £55 plus £3.50 booking fee

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Pete. Hope your keeping well mate. I tried about a hour ago and had problems with ticket master website.

Chalky The tickets for Manchester was £55 plus £3.50 booking fee

Steve

Great thanks Steve, trust you and Lou are well,

That's the one, ticket master, was at the Symphony Halls in Brum last year, magnificent venue so don't mind going the extra few miles, especially after giving up altogether the other night,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Glasgow Royal Concert Hall 3rd row :)

Me too Lenny .... sitting right behind you in the 4th row, Dale and Mick got seats next to mine too ....

Saw her in 2006 but managed to cry most of the way through it, hoping for less tears ( of joy ) this time ....

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Luckily managed to get two tickets for Manchester at face value, but unbelievably annoying that as usual most are now being offered for 'resale' at double the price via the same website (Ticketmaster / Get Me In).

How they are allowed to take the piss on such a massive scale is absolutely beyond me  :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Why wouldn't you?  :D

I can't think of any reason whatsoever that I would want to go out of my house and pay money to see Gladys Knight.  If she was playing at our local pub I might pop in, but I certainly wouldn't pay more than a fiver.  30 or 40 years ago maybe.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I can't think of any reason whatsoever that I would want to go out of my house and pay money to see Gladys Knight.  If she was playing at our local pub I might pop in, but I certainly wouldn't pay more than a fiver.  30 or 40 years ago maybe.

You want to ask them if they'll book her while she's here  :D

You don't get much for a fiver these days

Social source share

Just trying to get my head round this.

How can Gladys Knight charge £60 a ticket?

Why would anyone pay that?Bit o

Bit out of my depth here but yea would pay 4 the experiance ! Deffo wouldn't pay £60 4 A record that sounds nothing like it did in the empress ballroom or similar !!

Social source share

There are still tickets available at £55 for The Sage Gateshead.   If you have not been there previously you are really missing something - I think it is the finest live music venue around, I realise it is in the North East of England but it is truly a wonderful building and a wonderful location with great views over the Tyne  to Newcastle.  Newcastle is a great city to stay over in too.  Passport controls have been relaxed too so you should have no trouble getting in!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

got tickets for manchester.. really lookin forward to it

Hi Dave 

I'm sure you will love it saw her in Nottingham Mid 2k and she was superb, no effort to give a spine tingling performance.She was one of my must see artists.

Wouldn't it be great if you could pick your own tracks for her to perform.

Edited by smudger
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Dave 

I'm sure you will love it saw her in Nottingham Mid 2k and she was superb, no effort to give a spine tingling performance.She was one of my must see artists.

Wouldn't it be great if you could pick your own tracks for her to perform.

never seen her before so it was a must see especially as the wife is also a fan..rare in itself as she aint got soul

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I'm with you on this one Pete ridiculous pricing nowadays for concerts and don't start me on ticket touts. Grieves me to pay over the odds to watch my beloved Wolves.

Was going from Christmas 1966 until 2003 mate - they upped the season ticket price by £100 and didn't sign anyone, we were relegated, I said that's enough for me and I haven't been since - will always support them but I won't go again - unless they bring back standing and hooliganism  :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!