Gladys At The 02 Appolo

Davey S

Luckily managed to get two tickets for Manchester at face value, but unbelievably annoying that as usual most are now being offered for 'resale' at double the price via the same website (Ticketmaster / Get Me In).

How they are allowed to take the piss on such a massive scale is absolutely beyond me  :g:

got to agree , just been looking wanting over 100 pound a ticket , up to 180 at the albert hall , thought all this resellimg was illegal , legalised touting in my book

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was going from Christmas 1966 until 2003 mate - they upped the season ticket price by £100 and didn't sign anyone, we were relegated, I said that's enough for me and I haven't been since - will always support them but I won't go again - unless they bring back standing and hooliganism  :lol:

Went to watch England at,Wembley a few years ago , touts knocking out tickets at way over the odds , the Wolves Lads turned hi m over and gave the tickets awayin the pub to anyone who hadn't got one, and invested his ill gotten gains behind the bar,

Social source share

Just trying to get my head round this.

How can Gladys Knight charge £60 a ticket?

Why would anyone pay that?

Easy….thousands have paid already. i am afraid that's what these big names go for these days. People pay hundreds for a night at a top show - did you miss the nonsense when Kate Bush was dug up? Her fans were going mental for tickets.

Social source share

Easy….thousands have paid already. i am afraid that's what these big names go for these days. People pay hundreds for a night at a top show - did you miss the nonsense when Kate Bush was dug up? Her fans were going mental for tickets.

Kate Bush hadn't toured since 1979 so I can understand why people would want to go and see her.  She also writes all her own songs and is multi-talented...

Gladys Knight is an old soul singer..

Social source share

Kate Bush hadn't toured since 1979 so I can understand why people would want to go and see her.  She also writes all her own songs and is multi-talented...

Gladys Knight is an old soul singer..

Plenty of us would rather see Gladys any day of the week. Think that is your answer.

Social source share

I'm sure you would, I'm just talking about the price of tickets.  What next, £100 to see Tommy Hunt?

For many of us there is an ocean's gulf between a GK show and TH….

Only restricted view seats available at RAH now, so plenty going.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Saw her at the M.E.N in Mcr a few years back, she was really disappointing. A really odd set and too much time spent chatting to the band,reminiscing with one member. That was billed as the"farewell tour"obviously a lot older now too!

Social source share

Saw her at the M.E.N in Mcr a few years back, she was really disappointing. A really odd set and too much time spent chatting to the band,reminiscing with one member. That was billed as the"farewell tour"obviously a lot older now too!

I saw her at the M.E.N also, I thought it was a great night apart from Dionne Warwick!  I'm going to the Apollo. 

Social source share

Just bought two tickets via Ticketmaster Getmein for Manchester.

Total price £267.51

Original price of each ticket was £66.50 each

Robbing bar stewards.

I closed the web page when I saw the robbing gits (ticket master) wanted £280 for two x £45 tickets...... Called symphony hall direct and got face values + £2.60 postage.

The ticket master / Getmein farce needs stopping.   But folks pay, there lies the problem 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!