Quinvy

Can Anyone Answer This?

Every time I miss a TV program,( like tonight I missed Silent Witness) and I look on my Sky box to watch it on the i-player it's not there. Yet when I look on my iPad it is there.

Why?

Drives me bloody nuts.

It couldn't be because on one device you're logged in to an account with appropriate (no) age restrictions, but on the other you're not, and therefore can't see some programs?

I'm far from an expert on iPlayer and rarely use it, but just a thought.....

Cheers,

Mark R

You soft bastards, I remember when you had 2 TV channels BBC and ITV, then, when BBC2 came out it required a new Ariel, 3 channels and you had to get up off your ass to tune the TV manually using a dial, then sit on a particular side of the sofa, to stop the bugger from jumping ( Horizontal Hold). Sports on Saturday was horse racing, wrestling and was interrupted by some twat making a pot out of clay (Intermission) or the "Test Card".

You soft bastards, I remember when you had 2 TV channels BBC and ITV, then, when BBC2 came out it required a new Ariel, 3 channels and you had to get up off your ass to tune the TV manually using a dial, then sit on a particular side of the sofa, to stop the bugger from jumping ( Horizontal Hold). Sports on Saturday was horse racing, wrestling and was interrupted by some twat making a pot out of clay (Intermission) or the "Test Card".

Luxury!! :D

Our house was run as a Guest House for 6 months of the year. There was one sitting room and one tele which were for the use of the guests. So if us kids were desperate to watch something we had to knock on the door and ask if we could come in and have the tele on the right channel. That came down to pretty much half an hour a week - for Top of the Pops. :yes:

As if that wasn't bad enough, for the other 6 months, my Mum wouldn't let us watch ITV. So that was just one channel in our house and for half a year. Luckily I did manage to sneak Ready Steady Go on most weeks. Thank God it was on at tea time when my Mum would be mostly in the kitchen. :)

Edited by MBarrett

Every time I miss a TV program,( like tonight I missed Silent Witness) and I look on my Sky box to watch it on the i-player it's not there. Yet when I look on my iPad it is there.

Why?

Drives me bloody nuts.

I used to have the same problem so on with the thinking cap.

As soon as I seen Silent Witness advertised I went on to TV guide

zoomed up to the first date of the program and then clicked onto the program then

hit the yellow button (virgin) to record the whole series onto the hard drive.

Easy pesy and I wont miss a thing  

I used to have the same problem so on with the thinking cap.

As soon as I seen Silent Witness advertised I went on to TV guide

zoomed up to the first date of the program and then clicked onto the program then

hit the yellow button (virgin) to record the whole series onto the hard drive.

Easy pesy and I wont miss a thing  

:lol: Easy for everybody except me I'm afraid. It's a long story Mick, and I won't bore everyone with it. But the gist of it is that I only have one cable from my dish to my box, so I can only watch the channel that's recording. Bloody nightmare.  :facepalm:  :dash2:  :rolleyes:

:lol: Easy for everybody except me I'm afraid. It's a long story Mick, and I won't bore everyone with it. But the gist of it is that I only have one cable from my dish to my box, so I can only watch the channel that's recording. Bloody nightmare.  :facepalm:  :dash2:  :rolleyes:

Thats how our set up is

I just tend to record stuff and watch something i recorded whilst its recording

Out telly used to have a coin box on the back that you fed two bob bits. Every few months the telly man would come round to empty the box. He took half for the rental and my mam kept the other half. Many's the time when the bloody thing ran out of money in the middle of something good. Can remember going round the neighbours to cadge two bob.

Out telly used to have a coin box on the back that you fed two bob bits. Every few months the telly man would come round to empty the box. He took half for the rental and my mam kept the other half. Many's the time when the bloody thing ran out of money in the middle of something good. Can remember going round the neighbours to cadge two bob.

Esso world cup '70 coins came in handy for that, but we had to hide when the telly man came, not from him from me Mum,

Not sure how we acquired the coins because nobody in our house had a car.

Esso world cup '70 coins came in handy for that, but we had to hide when the telly man came, not from him from me Mum,

Not sure how we acquired the coins because nobody in our house had a car.

We used to go to the petrol station and ask for them.

they worked in German phones too, same size as old 5mark coin

Yes 'doubles' went in first, Jeff Astle, Brian Labone and Peter Simpson were quite common too as I remember, so they could go in with confidence, they all went in eventually mind

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.