Pete S

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

a bargain indeed then,you have to laugh at some of the punters using ebay,sold a few bits on friday,one which didn't sell suprisingly was boby Mclure you bring out the love in me,next day I get an email offering me £5 less than my starting price

needless to say I didn't respond

cheers Mick

Social source share

Nice one!!! Best I can remember is getting Rose Brooks - I'm moaning out of the Novelty section for $3, it was listed as the other side which is a bizarre version of They're Coming To Take Me Away. Same section I got Batman At The Go Go on a white demo for, can't remember but no more than $10. Then again, in those days there were only a handful of soulies on Ebay...those were the days

Social source share

I got a lovely issue Bobby Garrett 'I Can't Get Away' for $17. Next thing it's on a chicken advert, so to the back of the box it goes.

I think Manship is still trying to knock them out at £100!!

Not that cheap, but 2 that stick in my mind were won within 2 mins. of each other from different sellers Eddie Bishop 'Call Me' and Vontastics 'I'll Never...'. Secured for under $100 the pair.

On the Eddie Bishop one, mine's got the old multi-colour ABC Paramount label. On the back of Manships new guide the copy has the plain black ABC logo. Is there a difference? different plants? different issues?

Ta

Jamie

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

I got a lovely issue Bobby Garrett 'I Can't Get Away' for $17. Next thing it's on a chicken advert, so to the back of the box it goes.

On the Eddie Bishop one, mine's got the old multi-colour ABC Paramount label. On the back of Manships new guide the copy has the plain black ABC logo. Is there a difference? different plants? different issues?

Definitely - I had a colour one like yours too, it was on vinyl, no doubt the one pictured is a styrene press from the west coast

Social source share

Definitely - I had a colour one like yours too, it was on vinyl, no doubt the one pictured is a styrene press from the west coast

link

Thanks Pete.

Was it commonplace for different plants to use different labels? I mean, the 2 ABC ones are nothing like each other. I know different colours were used (e.g Luther Ingram HIB), and maintained the same typeface or 'font', but didn't know totally different designs were used.

Jamie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I won Johnny Moore on JARDEN on ebay way back, record turned up with additional copy with note from seller, saying he stuck the other one in as he thought the condition wasn't as described. True one side of the label was water damaged, but the vinyl was fine. Also got a mint white demo of Kelly Garrett on Smash for nothing in a job lot of Motown 45's I bought on ebay. Box arrived and in the middle a white Smash demo, me thinking that's not a Motown record but I've just made £200. :thumbsup:

Social source share

On early days of ebay when there was only one record category got jimmy ellidge sad town on sound town for $28 Bonnie herman canadian issue $3.In a box of crap 45' there was a copy of Ralph Graham she just sits there whole box $16. I never won this lot but couple of weeks ago there was a box of 45s inc velvets on 2oth cent john bowie on merben argie and arketts on ronnie plus few others whole lot went for $47.

Social source share

I bought a job lot of 100 records off this guy, he said they were all soul, they were absolute crap and he must have been laughing his head off, until I found the one good record in there - an original of the International GTO's! Still it works the other way too, the worst was buying 300 Columbia demos blind, when they came they were all either country or easy listening, I don't think I kept one single record, postage cost me about £200!

Social source share

My friend got Bill Brandons Prelude lp for 1$, listed as gospel..  :)

best

Leo

link

I've a white demo of this anyone know what it goes for ?

Also Jack Ashford Hotel Sheets (together with the giveaway "hotel sheet") any idea

on a price for this ?

Thanks

Dave G

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!