Show Us Your Great Photos - Pt2

Amsterdam Russ

Thank you to Steve for the invite, I've enjoyed looking through the pictures on this thread. I was saying about a video I took of a butterfly that was in my garden, at the time had no idea what it was until a friend told me, hope you enjoy watching it, Shelly xx Humming Bird Hawk Moth 

VID-20150916-WA0021.mp4

OMG not sure why? but it seems the only way you can watch it is by it down loading? new to this so how do I get video to open on here please? xx

Easiest way is to upload the video to YouTube and then share a link from there .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thank you to Steve for the invite, I've enjoyed looking through the pictures on this thread. I was saying about a video I took of a butterfly that was in my garden, at the time had no idea what it was until a friend told me, hope you enjoy watching it, Shelly xx Humming Bird Hawk Moth 

VID-20150916-WA0021.mp4

OMG not sure why? but it seems the only way you can watch it is by it down loading? new to this so how do I get video to open on here please? xx

Hi Shelly. Glad you're liking the pictures. I've only been privileged to see one hummingbird hawk moth in my life. Your video footage is fabulous (so jealous ) regarding the video, I'm not sure either but the link worked perfectly well. Perhaps the mods on here could advise you how to alter the format so as it's a direct video clip as opposed to a link. 

Steve  XX

Social source share

Peter I'm so surprised at you duff posting. :ohmy: it must be ages since on of us did that, it's normally me my friend. :thumbup:

Steve

Evening Steve

I was attempting to try and solve Shelly's issue with uploading her vid - but failed!

It's a great video isn't it - beautiful creature.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi Shelly. Glad you're liking the pictures. I've only been privileged to see one hummingbird hawk moth in my life. Your video footage is fabulous (so jealous ) regarding the video, I'm not sure either but the link worked perfectly well. Perhaps the mods on here could advise you how to alter the format so as it's a direct video clip as opposed to a link. 

Steve  XX

Thank you Steve, got my sister to quickly upload on yt so now got a link to the video to put on here :) some brilliant images on here xx

Evening Steve

I was attempting to try and solve Shelly's issue with uploading her vid - but failed!

It's a great video isn't it - beautiful creature.

Peter

Thank you Peter, I did as another member suggested, put on yt now have a link and video for people to watch it x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A Shoveler getting airborne ...

487_014.thumb.jpg.cf2a2909a9f7783f0cf69b487_015.thumb.jpg.b90068b4463dbe2b4adc49

Another wow factor Martyn. This thread is amazing - just when my mentalist issues start to take a hold I see a photograph like this and get an immediate hit of positiveness and a reconnection with nature and my spirit. That may sound a little poncy - but its true.

Thanks everyone.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Today I found a long lost photo which I had took on the Monday after the season ended and Jack Walker had bought his championship.  We were doing some work in his private box so as soon as I looked at my job-sheet off home I went to pick up my camera and get into character :D

Picture taken by one of the joiners. Back in the days when some of us had hair.:elvis:

How things have gone full circle since. :lol:

who are ya.JPG

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Forget to add that I saw what I think where  two brown migrant hawkers yesterday whilst I was out and about at Pennington Flash. November 7th. Couldn't believe it. Don't think that I have ever seen them at this time of year. But we haven't had any frost,s yet to kill them off.

Will post a not very good  picture later. 

Steve

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Forget to add that I saw what I think where  two brown migrant hawkers yesterday whilst I was out and about at Pennington Flash. November 7th. Couldn't believe it. Don't think that I have ever seen them at this time of year. But we haven't had any frost,s yet to kill them off.

Will post a not very good  picture later. 

Steve

Hi Steve

Yep, it's been very mild- up to 14 degrees in the day still and no where near freezing at night. There has been lots of talk about us having the coldest winter for over a hundred years. Having said that we've a long way to go yet.

Looks like you're enjoying the new camera.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

52 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Steve

Yep, it's been very mild- up to 14 degrees in the day still and no where near freezing at night. There has been lots of talk about us having the coldest winter for over a hundred years. Having said that we've a long way to go yet.

Looks like you're enjoying the new camera.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Morning Peter :hatsoff2:Hope your well m friend. The weather is barmy at the moment, lets see how long it lasts.

Yes I,m loving the camera its very technical compared to the last one I had. But some of the things are familiar, will get there.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 8 November 2015 at 11:37:34, Winsford Soul said:

Here's what I think is a brown migrant hawker. I,m sure Martyn will put me right.

Steve

Sorry for the delay in responding Steve, but I have been away for a weeks sunshine :)

Steve there is a Brown Hawker or a Migrant Hawker (also a Southern Migrant Hawker). 

Brown Hawkers have a distinct and unique amber coloured wing, which makes them easy to identify, which I do not see on the one in your photo. I would think what you photographed was a female Migrant Hawker. Migrant Hawkers are always the latest ones to appear, and with the mild weather we have been having they seem to have been around for a bit longer.

Edited by martyn pitt
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Sorry for the delay in responding Steve, but I have been away for a weeks sunshine :)

Steve there is a Brown Hawker or a Migrant Hawker (also a Southern Migrant Hawker). 

Brown Hawkers have a distinct and unique amber coloured wing, which makes them easy to identify, which I do not see on the one in your photo. I would think what you photographed was a female Migrant Hawker. Migrant Hawkers are always the latest ones to appear, and with the mild weather we have been having they seem to have been around for a bit longer.

Thanks Martyn. I knew that you would know, even from that rubbish picture.

Hope you and the lovely Carol had a nice holiday mate. 

Steve

Social source share

7 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

Yes we did thanks Steve ... here are a couple of my holiday snaps 

These were taken in the rocks below our patio, I managed to get to within 10 feet of the Sanderlings without spooking them

_150.jpg.fba89980f814e289907b26805cacf70

_161.jpg

Bloody Hell (spoken in a really posh voice)

:D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, martyn pitt said:

Yes we did thanks Steve ... here are a couple of my holiday snaps 

These were taken in the rocks below our patio, I managed to get to within 10 feet of the Sanderlings without spooking them

_150.jpg.fba89980f814e289907b26805cacf70

Why has that grey duck only got one leg? spoken in Estuary Cockney!!:wicked:

• Helpful 2
Social source share