Show Us Your Great Photos - Pt2

Amsterdam Russ

I love long tailed tits, did a tattoo of one a few years ago, pure magic.  Saw a flock of goldfinches today, 20+ easily, and a kestrel flew through a hedge about 3 feet away, the speed was amazing (I've said that before)

Dave they're gorgeous little birds, the flock was about 12 strong today. Couldn't get a decent group picture though as they kept flitting about busy as bee,s.

I also seen two lambs in a field. 11 Jan don't thing I,ve ever seen any that early before

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Dave they're gorgeous little birds, the flock was about 12 strong today. Couldn't get a decent group picture though as they kept flitting about busy as bee,s.

I also sen two lambs in a field. 11 Jan don't thing I,ve ever seen any that early before

Steve

Not much bigger than bees either, well a little bit maybe.  Don't see many lambs here, wild boar piglets every now and then and they are skittish little buggers, I tried taking a photo of one and it's mommy wasn't pleased.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

.....corrrr Russell....u nearly had a rant coming....!!!!x I know I ain;t contributed to the wildlife thread for a while.....but wos devastated to see it locked....as I do read it!!!!x But....naturally....u saved ureself....nice 1!!!x

Here's a pic I snapped and slung into a football forum as I was 'commentating' on how the weather looked for the Carlisle game as I headed back from Scotland to Carlisle on Saturday!x It is near Lockerbie on the M74 heading south....around 12ish Saturday...Carlisle was below those white fingys in the distance......I predicted game off............none of us are perfick init........I ain;t God.........not since me psychosis 2000.....honest!!!!!!X

scotsnow.jpg

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

.......I can't....I gotta be honest to the full....sigh.......

For weeks I had planned to go to Scotland to coincide with the Carlisle game......which for some reason I had in my head was Friday night....! It's 'pleasure' not business as such so not on me mind. So I made all me plans to work round that!! I popped into Coventry....Wallasey.....Southport on the way.......and the wind/rain....snow.....was horrific as I headed for Carlisle! Din't turn me mind onto it until i;d finished 'business'!! Arrived at 7.40pm.......to this.......sideways snow at around 60mph!!

sidewayssnow.jpg

.....I left after being told by Carlisle folk huddled in the Supporters Club that the game was Saturday.........DOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!x

Mad thing is.......hundreds had read my comment where I said often....see you at Carlisle Friday....! Nobody anywhere sed it's Saturday Soot....?! Who is in psychosis???!!!x

@@
~

...the 'donut' look.....moment of realisation..........a rare pic indeed.....hehe!x

donut.jpg

Hope you all had a happy weekend.......I tried too....!!!!x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's a pic I snapped and slung into a football forum as I was 'commentating' on how the weather looked for the Carlisle game as I headed back from Scotland to Carlisle on Saturday!x It is near Lockerbie on the M74 heading south....

scotsnow.jpg

Nice one Sooty.  That's a view I've seen hundreds of times, and it was always a welcome one as it meant I was on my way home from Rosyth.  Trouble is, I'd be heading back the other way shortly after.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

here's a selection of recent snaps...

here's the captions: 'on Camber Sands', Butchers Buoy, Kamp Panto, Our waiter at the Pilgrim in Glastonbury, Monstrosity Candles, 'The Brain', and finally at the bottom 'Christmas Masquerade...'

post-2025-0-44912900-1421070859_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-44245300-1421070866_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-65639400-1421070872_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-80738800-1421070877_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-62177200-1421070886_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-96772400-1421070892_thumb.jp

post-2025-0-58079700-1421070901_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

What's with the anti-submarine nets Sooty?

...hehe...!x It's a barrier to stop flotsam and jetski's bombing up a tributary.....my boat goes in this side of it and heads down that tributary.........for Pirates only!!!!!x I think I mentioned it in the Wildlife thread in my beginnings that a pair of seals come probably 50 miles from the Coast to rear a young un each year just across the way. They sunbathe on the bank......i'll get some pics of em this year!x

I've always loved the rivers around the UK....on em...quadding along em...or fishing in them!x In my wild days it was always the place to go to experience 'natures' finest.....ohhhh those wild wild days....like here.....around '95!x

smokin1.jpg

...u are getting some rare pics outta me today!!!x Taken at a time when I was 'stressed' in between DJing at all the major A/Nighters each weekend......had to focus on wot to play and make sure u all din;t boo me........stress stress stress......!x I have a more serene life now since stopping smoking.....I bake cakes for a traditional British picnic along me stretch of England.....the Peppa Pig cup cakes i;ve got down to a fine art and would make bake off mefinks.............my kinda cruising.......in 'retiirement'!x

_ _

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

...hehe...!x It's a barrier to stop flotsam and jetski's bombing up a tributary.....my boat goes in this side of it and heads down that tributary.........for Pirates only!!!!!x I think I mentioned it in the Wildlife thread in my beginnings that a pair of seals come probably 50 miles from the Coast to rear a young un each year just across the way. They sunbathe on the bank......i'll get some pics of em this year!x

I've always loved the rivers around the UK....on em...quadding along em...or fishing in them!x In my wild days it was always the place to go to experience 'natures' finest.....ohhhh those wild wild days....like here.....around '95!x

smokin1.jpg

...u are getting some rare pics outta me today!!!x Taken at a time when I was 'stressed' in between DJing at all the major A/Nighters each weekend......had to focus on wot to play and make sure u all din;t boo me........stress stress stress......!x I have a more serene life now since stopping smoking.....I bake cakes for a traditional British picnic along me stretch of England.....the Peppa Pig cup cakes i;ve got down to a fine art and would make bake off mefinks.............my kinda cruising.......in 'retiirement'!x

_ _

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

best pic this year!! a man loving his Reefer ship obviously..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

smokin1.jpg

_ _

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

Sooty. I thought you had packed in smoking mate.

Would love a view from my back garden like that. Would be fishing every day and trying to take photographs

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sooty. I thought you had packed in smoking mate.

Would love a view from my back garden like that. Would be fishing every day and trying to take photographs

Steve

I Have Steve....!!!x I just eat cake....CAKE....CAAAAAKE as Little Britain would say....hehe!!x  I don't fish in me river......I sit on it..........and now I'm gonna upset u and become best friends wiv every Carper out there......i got me own lake to fish proper......the buggers can't be a squillion miles up river whilst i;m hopeful t'other end.....they gotta swim past me at some point in me lake init....never fails.....kettling.....at its best!!hehe!x

wow.jpg

lake.jpg

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

...for membership applications call ure muvver....and weep.......hehe!!!x

Some 'samples'....

lakefish.jpg

6.JPG

lakefish1.jpg

I use it to educate the Eastern block folk on how we do and dont do things over here....!x

irinel.jpg

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

I Have Steve....!!!x I just eat cake....CAKE....CAAAAAKE as Little Britain would say....hehe!!x  I don't fish in me river......I sit on it..........and now I'm gonna upset u and become best friends wiv every Carper out there......i got me own lake to fish proper......the buggers can't be a squillion miles up river whilst i;m hopeful t'other end.....they gotta swim past me at some point in me lake init....never fails.....kettling.....at its best!!hehe!x

wow.jpg

lake.jpg

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

...for membership applications call ure muvver....and weep.......hehe!!!x

I'm not the jealous type at all. It's so hard typing this through my tears. Ha ha

. I'm no carper, that's just so boring. Just love fishing and watching wildlife.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

...neither am I....never caught one in me life until I got me lake...!x They ain;t seen a human in 12 years since the last fishing club stocked it with 500 5-8lbers.....they fell out with the then owner and I picked it up 12 years later!! Lost 2 rods putting me rod down to answer me phone or summink.....leave me bait in the water next to the bank.....pulled 2 rods in right in front of me eyes and I couldn;t move quick enuff...!x Better than the ducks at the fair to be fair....!!!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

...neither am I....never caught one in me life until I got me lake...!x They ain;t seen a human in 12 years since the last fishing club stocked it with 500 5-8lbers.....they fell out with the then owner and I picked it up 12 years later!! Lost 2 rods putting me rod down to answer me phone or summink.....leave me bait in the water next to the bank.....pulled 2 rods in right in front of me eyes and I couldn;t move quick enuff...!x Better than the ducks at the fair to be fair....!!!!!x

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

With a bit of luck mate you may catch your rods back. It happens quite often, especially on small water's like yours. Tight lines

P.S.. you can get baitrunner reels and also butt locks to fasten your rod handles so you don't loose anymore gear.

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I stick to what I know Steve....learnt at me first ever comp...and only 1!!!x Woolies telescopic rod....pocket full of tackle.....and let nature take it's course!x I do that wherever I go globally!x Erm....I fowled hooked this jack pike as it swam past as i reeled in when the whistle blew as the comp wos over and nobody had caught owt!!! Cleared up....side hooked on the fin and nobody knew......pic in the paper and evryfink!!! Happy motoring as me car insurance was due next day....£70!!!!x Never dared go back to a comp.....hard core moaned like good uns.....hehe!!!x

landbeach.jpg

landbeach1.jpg

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

• Helpful 1
Social source share