Show Us Your Great Photos - Pt2

Amsterdam Russ

And a worthy winner, without a doubt. I noticed that he likes to be "on high" when taking photos - and with stunners like this one, you can immediately see why. Really fantastic work!  :thumbup: 

I went up in the balloon with him that day. It was really foggy on the ground so we were a bit dubious about what the view would be like, but once we got up to about 500 feet, you could see for miles. Great experience. He got some free balloon rides as part of his prize, so he took his Grandad with him last year.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I went up in the balloon with him that day. It was really foggy on the ground so we were a bit dubious about what the view would be like, but once we got up to about 500 feet, you could see for miles. Great experience. He got some free balloon rides as part of his prize, so he took his Grandad with him last year.

I'm sure it must have been a really amazing experience, especially in those conditions. 

Social source share

I'm sure it must have been a really amazing experience, especially in those conditions.

The funny thing was, the missus came to see us off. I was on the end of the guide rope when the balloon was being inflated and when I jumped into the basket, she was in there. Some people hadn't turned up so she was offered a cheap flight. Brilliant experience and I would recommend it to anyone. Really peaceful up there. The pilot had a camera that was rigged up so he could take a group photo of everybody in the basket.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The funny thing was, the missus came to see us off. I was on the end of the guide rope when the balloon was being inflated and when I jumped into the basket, she was in there. Some people hadn't turned up so she was offered a cheap flight. Brilliant experience and I would recommend it to anyone. Really peaceful up there. The pilot had a camera that was rigged up so he could take a group photo of everybody in the basket.

I won one in a church raffle in Roseville Minnesota 1991, a flight over the St Croix valley, absolutely amazing 3 hours, considering I'm scared of heights. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

....from me great British icons series for 2015....going up on me FB....pics from footage never been seen in public...!!x

jane.jpgjmi2.jpgjmi3.jpg

I've met many of our Luvly Ladies from the telly....and Jane McDonald is 'proper'...X Jane was a guest at a dance studios annual bash. For several years I fronted and produced the official vids/DVDs for the studio from early 2000. What is not widely known....and her lawyers have been on to me I kid u not....is that Caroline Flack came thru this very dance studio....and was awesome....I recall. I have a backstage interview with her as a kid that never made the film at the time........funny.....but too 'basic' wiv her language.....and perhaps not ideal for her new 'image'....hehe!x They are saying I can't show it. Yawn. On it...!x

jm.jpg

@@
_
LUV
SOOTY
X

...and whilst I don't do techno's....I use a simple Ipad for taking pics and only need to know where the mic and deck knobs are kinda thing.......I am proud of soeme of the covers i've done on photoshop over the years....for chill out!x

GRADUATE.jpg

togweb.jpg

dipcovsmall.jpgbodywork.jpg

....and this badge animated on the Togetherness film as a breaker......came from the T shirt a lad was wearing in the queue....just a 'frame' of it....and job done!x

ktfmini.jpg    kingsweb.jpg

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Now I would never claim to be a photographer by a long chalk. I have however owned a couple of decent cameras over the years, and been fortunate to DJ in lots of great places, so here are a few of what I consider to be the better photographs.

attachicon.gifWales.JPG

attachicon.giffire escape NYC.JPG

attachicon.gifNew York from ESB.JPG

attachicon.gifNYC Subway.JPG

Three from New York

When I'm on the NY subway always think I'm in a movie, expecting Al Pacino, Crocodile Dundee or somesuchlike to be sitting next to me :)

Social source share

...off to Blackpool on business.....a pic from the top of the Tower taken several years ago.....me daughter Nat's being brave.....me pooing meself!x And another 'uniqueish' pic taken from the Pier last summer through the telescope as I sat happily eating a Chinese on me tod in a t-shirt....10pmish!x I went to Menorca a week later......and tbh.....never felt as happy as I did here at any point!!!x Britain.....luv it...X This pic has a bit of sadness to it.....it was me Daughters 17th....we flew from Stansted for the day....and had a fantastic time together......and it was perhaps the last day we had as 'kids'.....as she has a fella now and...and ....and goes wiv him I suppose....init!x

~

nbravemenot.jpg

jawjutraceweb.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

...just checking to see if she wos up there wiv 'him'...!!!x That's my likkle Noodlepops init!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Have a happy day all.....X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

And a worthy winner, without a doubt. I noticed that he likes to be "on high" when taking photos - and with stunners like this one, you can immediately see why. Really fantastic work!  :thumbup: 

Lumas Berlin just got in touch with Joe yesterday.  Apparently they're interested in his landscape photography.  Hope something comes of it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Lumas Berlin just got in touch with Joe yesterday.  Apparently they're interested in his landscape photography.  Hope something comes of it.

Lumas Berlin - had to look that up. The Berlin branch of an international chain of art galleries?

I reckon any opportunity to present your work to the public - commercially or otherwise - is a great achievement! And that the interest is there in the first place shows that his name and his work is out there... Great stuff!

Edited by Russell Gilbert
Social source share

Lumas Berlin - had to look that up. The Berlin branch of an international chain of art galleries?

I reckon any opportunity to present your work to the public - commercially or otherwise - is a great achievement! And that the interest is there in the first place shows that his name and his work is out there... Great stuff!

Had to look it up myself.  He's already been approached by Getty images and he's had a few accepted by them.  One particular shot he took from the Virgin Balloon has made him a few bob.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Had to look it up myself.  He's already been approached by Getty images and he's had a few accepted by them.  One particular shot he took from the Virgin Balloon has made him a few bob.

That he's able to generate any sort of income from his photography is fantastic! Sounds like he's well on the way in crossing over to being a recognised professional.

Social source share

Been out and about up around dove stones today. -1c, Thick fog and about 5" maybe 6" of snow. two hours uphill walking through the chew valley and couldn't see anything so decided to return to lower levels where the fog had lifted slightly. Managed to see two red deer hinds, a dipper and a few stonechats, will have to go through the pictures when the condensation has gone of my camera and see if there's anything to post.

Steve

Social source share

Add the piano in too.

essentially juxtapose means side by side, but the piano too would be side by side by side, and I prefer "side by side by Sondheim", which incidentally gets it's name from "Side by side by side", a song from Company, not the band, but the show.  Company, the show, also has a song called "You could drive a person crazy", which while it is a noble quest, it isn't my intention, that is just to provoke thought.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

essentially juxtapose means side by side, but the piano too would be side by side by side, and I prefer "side by side by Sondheim", which incidentally gets it's name from "Side by side by side", a song from Company, not the band, but the show.  Company, the show, also has a song called "You could drive a person crazy", which while it is a noble quest, it isn't my intention, that is just to provoke thought.

Very thought provoking thanks Dave.

• Helpful 1
Social source share