Arthur Fenn And Maria Guest At Broughton Saturday 19th August

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Saturday 19th August sees the debut of Maria in North Wales; Maria will be the very first female DJ at Broughton. Also headlining at the event will be her partner Arthur Fenn - so a night to look forward to. Residents Soul Sam and Brian Ellis form the rest of the line-up.

Plush venue with excellent dance floor, sound system and fully air-conditioned; an amazingly inexpensive bar.

Should be a top night :ohmy: .

Brian

• Replies 8
  • Views 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bet the rest of you are wondering which Maria they're taking about :P

....It's meeeeeeee! : Ms O :thumbsup:

Thanks very much to Brian, who asked me to do this a year ago (after seeing my playlists with Stow-A-Way Soul in London) and kept his word - much appreciated!

Understandably, I've don't get asked to play out much any more (since moving from Sydney a couple of years ago), so I should cure some home-sickness this Saturday night. Must remember to keep my foul language under control on the mic. ...Reminds me that that cheeky Soul Sam is worried I'll misbehave and has asked me to throw in some oldies. Given how he dislikes being told what to play, I will obviously now have to dedicate his "favourite" :rolleyes: tune to him

Seriously though - I'm on early, so get yourself over for a really good night.

:ohmy::lol::) WOMEN DJ's??? It's the slippery slope - they'll be getting the vote next... :)

or keeping their maiden name... every damn time they get married :yes:

...If it helps, I'm still not allowed to vote in the UK, but compared to being the first girl at certain other places in the outback - this should be fun

Would have been down in London otherwise. Hope you guys have a great Solid-Hit-Soul on Friday night (and Master 3 has a lovely birthday too :good: ).

WE'LL BE RECOVERING FROM DUBLIN AT CASTLE GREATSTONE SO WONT MAKE IT TO SUNNY BROUGHTON

you light weights! No excuse. Get in that car and drive over - we've got much, much further to come.

m

Guest Marcelle

Love this venue, great dance floor oh & DJs not bad :rolleyes:plus cheap as sh*t booze this was the place I first ever heard Andy Killeck play ages ago, fell in love with him (oh well his sounds) :thumbsup:

Have a great time Maria & Arthur sorry we wont be there, unfortuntly other plans. :ohmy:

Marcelle

Love this venue, great dance floor oh & DJs not bad :lol:plus cheap as sh*t booze this was the place I first ever heard Andy Killeck play ages ago, fell in love with him (oh well his sounds) :yes:

Have a great time Maria & Arthur sorry we wont be there, unfortuntly other plans. :(

Marcelle

Yep, I like his plays too. Ta, we'll enjoy it :)

Brian, as you know, we usually wander round seeking that certain roundabout and wings sign - getting lost half the time ph34r.gif . Can't be sure I recall the venue name right, so can you please confirm that this is correct (hope to print a quick map at work today:

Broughton Wings Sports & Social Club

Airbus UK, Chester Rd, Broughton, Chester, Cheshire CH4 0HA

I'm soooo confused - it doesn't say Nth Wales :shhh:

m

ps. sorry for being a pain :shhh:

Edited by Maria O
Guest Brian Ellis

Yep, I like his plays too. Ta, we'll enjoy it :yes:

Brian, as you know, we usually wander round seeking that certain roundabout and wings sign - getting lost half the time ph34r.gif . Can't be sure I recall the venue name right, so can you please confirm that this is correct (hope to print a quick map at work today:

Broughton Wings Sports & Social Club

Airbus UK, Chester Rd, Broughton, Chester, Cheshire CH4 0HA

I'm soooo confused - it doesn't say Nth Wales :shhh:

m

ps. sorry for being a pain :lol:

Hi Maria

I presume you will be coming in via the M56 and M53. From there get yourself on to the A55 heading for North Wales/Conwy and take Junction 35a signposted Broughton. You'll be heading towards the Broughton Retail Park. Once you get there it's just one more roundabout - it's signposted 'Aircraft Factory'; 400 yards on you'll see the traffic lights where you will turn right into the Airbus site.

Hope this is OK?

Look forward to seeing you Saturday. :shhh:

Brian

Guest AudraT

Have a great night Maria (and Arthur). Wish you could be at Curtis' 3rd birthday party - It's the first one you've missed! Curtis says thank you for the gift and hope he sees you very soon! See you in September anyway, if not before!

xx