I'm In La...where Can I Buy Lowrider 45S?

Ljblanken

Think Geoff's idea is the best, those Soulero's and Soulera's are really on the case over there in California when it comes to diggin for vinyl and really know their stuff, aswell as being competitive in the collecting aspect, so its going to be all about luck really, but hey, the whole record diggin thing is all about luck anyway, good luck and enjoy the diggin, wish I was out there diggin with you

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Record Jungle is the best spot in LA at the moment, you gotta drive a little way though.  But in general the private contacts are where it's at in LA, the stores get hit too hard.  Amoeba et al I always find a bit underwhelming for soul 45s.

Record Jungle is picked absolutely clean.....my last dig there yielded two 45's, mostly LP's.

For shear quantity of stock, try Bagatelle in Long Beach. It's pretty picked through, but it's got the biggest volume of browsable stock out in the racks. Amoeba is very hit or miss....mostly miss, and you can't check out anything on a portable.

The Last Bookstore in Downtown LA has some stock.....mostly cheapies. As Kris says, with LA diggin' for 45's, you've gotta be in the right place at the right time to find the good stuff. A bit of an obvious statement I guess, but there's a lotta of folks digging for tunes these days, from the locals, to the US out of towners, tourists and the Asian connection. There's always a ton of people in town, looking for the heaters.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

ah, maybe not worth the getting to the Jungle then at the moment  :wink:

no portables at Amoeba really pisses me off, also they seal a lot of their 45s & the most expensive sealed one I bought there last visit was cracked when I opened it back at the motel, that place can suck it. :glare: 

Last Bookstore was ok, I got a few things, but as you say, cheapies.

Maybe Rockaway but they are even more hit or miss.....

LA is vultured out. 

Social source share

yeah, i got home last night empty handed.

i used to live in SF for years, and after awhile just stopped shopping at stores and only did online stuff (cuz it's so picked over). LA is WAY HARDER cuz it is so spread out, whereas at least in SF you can walk most places!

i was trying to map out some places in LA yesterday and it would have been like 3 hrs of driving!

next time i will contact some peeps ahead of time and try and do it proper!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!