Negative Criticism - Is It Called For?

Guest Mrs M

We all have topics of conversation that is close to heart and something we feel we want to publicly declare. Everyone has an opinion but if people want to criticize and contradict surely they should do it with an intellectual, constructive approach? Agreed? Stop being so obnoxiously rude people!!

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Julie

Not all, but at least some of it comes from a lack of "emotional intelligence" (defn: the capacity to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically).

I don't know if EE is something that you are born with, or can be taught, but I sometimes wish there was more of it around. :yes:

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

We all have topics of conversation that is close to heart and something we feel we want to publicly declare. Everyone has an opinion but if people want to criticize and contradict surely they should do it with an intellectual, constructive approach? Agreed? Stop being so obnoxiously rude people!!

It might help if you give some examples, not verbatim obviously and not with names attached, but at the moment I'm wondering if you're talking about in soul related topics or life in general.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Yes,When people put forward ludicrous propositions and beliefs the only answer is abuse,we all should have the right to offend, sorry if this offends.

Social source share

Yes,When people put forward ludicrous propositions and beliefs the only answer is abuse,we all should have the right to offend, sorry if this offends.

The problem with that outlook is that even the most rational proposition or belief might be considered ludicrous by someone - evolution for example - who then exercises their right to abuse and offend and everything descends into abuse and counter-abuse instead of reasonable debate.

I've been abused often on here for stating opinions, yet I try to restrain myself from abusing others, for the dignity of myself and the forum.

Social source share

Well if we are talking about being critical then the thumper mantra applies on here , woe betide anyone who says anything wrong about a record someone posts or a venue ,

we have ended up in a situation where especially concerning venues if you dare criticise even if its constructive , say the sound system needs tweaking or the music played is not to your liking and not what you expected , then the lynch mob will berate you to the umpteenth degree ,

being a Yorkshire lad I try and say it how it is but have turned down my comments somewhat not to offend the multitude of southern shandy swillers who inhabit this forum ,, :hatsoff2:

Quality

Social source share

Well if we are talking about being critical then the thumper mantra applies on here , woe betide anyone who says anything wrong about a record someone posts or a venue ,

we have ended up in a situation where especially concerning venues if you dare criticise even if its constructive , say the sound system needs tweaking or the music played is not to your liking and not what you expected , then the lynch mob will berate you to the umpteenth degree ,

being a Yorkshire lad I try and say it how it is but have turned down my comments somewhat not to offend the multitude of southern shandy swillers who inhabit this forum ,, :hatsoff2:

Well Barney, i think Shandy is a bit stronger than Bovril. If you are a paying punter and think the system needs adjusting then get em told, why should we put up with it.... stand your ground mate :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!