Nye Ns Celebration - London: Flynny Playlist

not often a nomads,prophets,counts,and mello souls appear in one set!

Now if I could juuuust squeeze a J.D. Bryant in there as well...hint hint!  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Dave, thanks for posting your playlist but have you forgotten set 3 at the end, you played my request for the Allen Sisters at 5.50, sorry I always ask you to play that when you're over here at NYE. Great music, especially to hear the Prophets followed by Shirley Edwards, my 2 favourite Shrine records.

I know Wake Up To The Sunshine Girl is one that you either love or hate, I'm in the former camp, possibly because it was one of the first records that I knew when I first went to the Capital Soul Club back in 2002, start of a long and rewarding road of soul nights, but also because it's a great dance record and I can prove to myself that I can still dance to fast records these days despite being over the hill.

It was really good to see you and talk, looking forward to the next NYE allnighter.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Dave, thanks for posting your playlist but have you forgotten set 3 at the end, you played my request for the Allen Sisters at 5.50, sorry I always ask you to play that when you're over here at NYE. Great music, especially to hear the Prophets followed by Shirley Edwards, my 2 favourite Shrine records.

It was really good to see you and talk, looking forward to the next NYE allnighter.

Always a pleasure to catch up with you as well, Geoff...fabulous to see you're still keeping it real :thumbsup:

Set #3...hands up I didn't track it all, but yes the Allan Sisters was in there somewhere along with Chuck Flamingo, Fourth Level, Bob & Fred, Arin Demain etc...the last three were defo Ralph Graham, Monique and Chip Tyler!

See you next year!

:thumbup:

Social source share

Gentlemen, I fear your comments with regards to JD are misguided...just give in to it...let the nagging beat, chopping guitar and bass-line breakdowns soak into your minds and feet...pure Northern...pure dance-floor dynamite! Go on, admit it...it's brilliant!

:boxing:  :hypocrite:

Until he opens his mouth :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Always a pleasure to catch up with you as well, Geoff...fabulous to see you're still keeping it real :thumbsup:

Set #3...hands up I didn't track it all, but yes the Allan Sisters was in there somewhere along with Chuck Flamingo, Fourth Level, Bob & Fred, Arin Demain etc...the last three were defo Ralph Graham, Monique and Chip Tyler!

See you next year!

:thumbup:

Thanks Dave, someone asked me what the Chuck Flamingo one was and amazingly I could tell them. Any info on him, I've got a track by him on an old Sue LP (Doctor Soul) called A little bit of this (little bit of that)?

And I didn't realise that If You Ask Me was a different record from the Jerry Williams one.

Social source share

Thanks Dave, someone asked me what the Chuck Flamingo one was and amazingly I could tell them. Any info on him, I've got a track by him on an old Sue LP (Doctor Soul) called A little bit of this (little bit of that)?

Chuck had two 45s on Rojac...the one you have (also on UK Sue) and the one I played, which I personally associate with Gary Rushbrooke, as he used to play it upstairs at Stafford (no idea who was first onto it). Quite a few copies suffer from background noise/sound lo-fi, whilst others don't...not sure if it is two pressing runs or the poor ones came from the premature end of the stampers life and/or a batch of poor quality vinyl! There is also an incredibly rare GREEN vinyl copy which plays super clear as well! (He also recorded some earlier non-NS discs).

:hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Chuck had two 45s on Rojac...the one you have (also on UK Sue) and the one I played, which I personally associate with Gary Rushbrooke, as he used to play it upstairs at Stafford (no idea who was first onto it). Quite a few copies suffer from background noise/sound lo-fi, whilst others don't...not sure if it is two pressing runs or the poor ones came from the premature end of the stampers life and/or a batch of poor quality vinyl! There is also an incredibly rare GREEN vinyl copy which plays super clear as well! (He also recorded some earlier non-NS discs).

:hatsoff2:

Thanks for the information Dave.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!