denbo

Cordless Mighty Mouse For Macbook

My old cordless mighty mouse for my MacBook packed in a few weeks ago. It wouldn't control the cursor consistently, even when I put new batteries in. So, I bought a new, never been used, replacement, not the new design but the same old design that looks like an elongated white pebble.
Anyhow, this new one doesn't work either. Do I need to 'reintroduce' the new mouse to my MacBook? Or should my MacBook pick it up automatically, like it does when I plug in a memory stick? If not, can somebody please explain how I get my new mouse to 'sync' with my MacBook. Cheers.

Something really odd going on here Chalky. I did what you suggested, followed the instructions, and at first everything seemed to work okay.
At first, I could see that Bluetooth was available and ready for use. So, I used Bluetooth to sync my mouse via System Preferences. Then, I got to thinking, perhaps my old mouse wasn't broken after all but just lost its link to my MacBook, so I synced the old one and it worked fine. However, the old mouse wouldn't scroll properly, so I decided to sync my new mouse again, even though that one was a bit eratic regarding the scroller too. Anyhow, when I came to sync it, I could see that I no longer had Bluetooth. God knows what's happened to that now. Any ideas what's going on? I know my MacBook comes with Bluetooth, it always has. and I could see the Bluetooth logo at the top of the screen every time I logged on. It's gone now? Very odd?

Bluetooth could be simply turned off.  Check in system preferences.

as for scrolling, go to system preferences  and select mouse and you can alter how your mouse behaves.

Edited by chalky

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.