William Cummings On Bang Bang

Sammy

Anyone know what the b-side is like? I'd really love to hear this so if anyone could point me in the direction of a soundfile I'd be really happy. If I remember this right they have another release on bang bang as well called "Soul searching love" or something like that...

Social source share

The soul searching love is on the old Virginia soul CD ,but isn't the flip to make my love a hurting thing...i Have only read about the song and heard it on the CD but never ever seen or heard of a copy on bang bang ,so if its out there ,its gotta be very rare I indeed !

Social source share

There is another version of Make My Love A Hurting Thing on Bang Bang, I remember getting

very excited about it when I saw it for sale on the net yonks ago.

When it arrived from the States I put it on the deck with bated breath, it turned out

to be a God awful Country and Western version, I was well p*ssed off.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There is another version of Make My Love A Hurting Thing on Bang Bang, I remember getting

When it arrived from the States I put it on the deck with bated breath, it turned out

LANCE HILL 

Oh how we had some fun with that one lol 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thankfully I heard a clip and didn't bid, saw the same :-)

Social source share

Fook of Welding :wicked:  never like William always sounds he's trying to catch up with the music

Now now Edwardo, calm down the Villa will score again one day :lol:

Even Tank Top Terry the Burnley Bard thinks William Cummings is a great record :P

That's the second thing I've agreed with Tel on this week !!  :hypo:

Dave

Social source share

Fook of Welding :wicked:  never like William always sounds he's trying to catch up with the music

And when it starts filling the dance floors you will be catching up with it then Ted  :wicked:  :lol:

Social source share

William Cummings - Just yesterdays dream; a dreadful tune, certain to piss off the dance floor. Any DJ playing that would be a masachist though the soul police might take a sympathetic view and refer the DJ to the GP and have their ears shringed and head examined for playing a tune like that.

Ted's right Cummings didn't catch the tune, slow (almost funeral pace) and teeth grindingly boring to boot.

WTF is the scene coming to thinking this tune has soul.... any old b******s makes the grade if it does.

Sorry if my comments sound negative but it really is that bad.

Edited by mellorful
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Bearsy I had it before you even knew that northern soul existed :wicked:  :lol: sold it to John Heywood for 120 quid in 1988 as he reminded me of recently :(

Now then Father Ted

When the general consensus is to encourage more youngsters onto the scene here you are giving a young cub like Bearsy a right bashing ! any young buck who likes William Cummings and the Out Of Sights (Saru) has got great taste in my book :P

Dave

Social source share

Bearsy I had it before you even knew that northern soul existed :wicked:  :lol: sold it to John Heywood for 120 quid in 1988 as he reminded me of recently :(

I still don't know what Northern Soul is Ted  :lol:  I wasn't even earning that much in 1988 a YTS only paid £27 a week  :ohmy:  :lol:

Social source share

William Cummings - Just yesterdays dream; a dreadful tune, certain to piss off the dance floor. Any DJ playing that would be a masachist though the soul police might take a sympathetic view and refer the DJ to the GP and have their ears shringed and head examined for playing a tune like that.

Ted's right Cummings didn't catch the tune, slow (almost funeral pace) and teeth grindingly boring to boot.

WTF is the scene coming to thinking this tune has soul.... any old b******s makes the grade if it does.

Who said anyone is playing - just yesterday's dream.      Someone asked for a soundfile so I helped them out as there isn't one on the internet anywhere.   

Wtf is the scene coming to when people talk of "soul police" with such a damming post towards someone just asking for help and someone helping them out as that's what the scene and this site is or used to be about. 

While we are at it Soul Police officer seargent Mellorful if you think "Make my love a hurting thing" is boring to boot and funeral pace non soul then your the one needing your ears syringed and while you there ask the doctor for some happy pills   :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Now then Father Ted

When the general consensus is to encourage more youngsters onto the scene here you are giving a young cub like Bearsy a right bashing ! any young buck who likes William Cummings and the Out Of Sights (Saru) has got great taste in my book :P

Dave

Thanks Dave it does hurt being beaten down by the old Guard but I'm learning to cope   :(   :lol:    Btw own them both now so no more hassling you to play them for me  :thumbup:

Social source share

Sorry, are you referring to MMLAHT with regards to that last comment, cos if you are the tune has been played since the Mecca to a fantastic response, Teds only p*ssed off cos he sold his copy & cant get another LOL 

Best Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry, are you referring to MMLAHT with regards to that last comment, cos if you are the tune has been played since the Mecca to a fantastic response, Teds only p*ssed off cos he sold his copy & cant get another LOL

Best Russ

To be fair Russ,he is referring to the flip side and is right.

It's not and never has been played on the scene, so not sure why the comment was made?

Social source share

I'll get dancing to William Cummings - love it.    Follow it with Romona Collins on Clarks - still there.

Funny, when I speak to Ted about rare 45's I can only dream of - he has had them and sold them.   Drives me mad !

Webs - Don't ever hurt me being another.   Temptones on Diamond Jim - think he said he still had that (on the wall).

You won't find peeps looking at an empty dance floor @ Lenny Dobson's do's when titles of this stature hit the decks.

Cheers...................               Tom.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!