Rufus Lumley - Holton - Different, Help Please

Hi, can someone please help?
I have aquired 2 copies of Rufus Lumley - I'm standing, both on the 'Holton' label.
Both labels are a different lay out, one has the matrix number in small text and has the runout scratched in 'SY4M 6588',
and the other copy has the matrix number in larger text and then the info in smaller text, and SKUM-6588 on the run out and 'A1' twice.
What is the difference between the 2 does anyone know?

post-9727-0-87404300-1421064571_thumb.jp post-9727-0-58824600-1421064575_thumb.jp

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Pete, by the darker red one, which do you mean? the one with the round sticker on or the one without?

Original is a very rich/deep red & proper black. The 70s boot is wishy-washy in colour compared to it.

Social source share

So is the verdict that both of mine are boots, and booted by different bootleggers?

Definitely not originals.

Do both labels look like proper labels?.......what I mean is, not photocopied A4 cut-outs and stuck on with pritt or something?

Edited....cos sometimes i`m an illiterate bastard and I don`t check my typing!  :)

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Definitely not originals.

Do both labels look like proper labels?.......what I mean is, not photocopied A4 cut-outs and stuck on with pritt or something?

Edited....cos sometimes i`m an illiterate bastard and I don`t check my typing!  :)

But you are a Claret supporter so you are excused this time. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!