Eddie's My Name?

Guest Matt Male

Guest Matt Male

I was standing in the kitchen, making a coffee, like you do.. when suddenly i started singing Eddie's My Name by Eddie Holman. I realised what great lyrics it has and what a great record it is and that i haven't heard it played out for years.

Anyway, how much does it go for these days? Not sure i've ever seen one for sale on Parkway, i'm prepared for a shock answer. :P

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest martinsbox

I was standing in the kitchen, making a coffee, like you do.. when suddenly i started singing Eddie's My Name by Eddie Holman. I realised what great lyrics it has and what a great record it is and that i haven't heard it played out for years.

Anyway, how much does it go for these days? Not sure i've ever seen one for sale on Parkway, i'm prepared for a shock answer. :P

No price on this classic, but a release date of April 1966. Perhaps start a new(?) thread, what was the best year for soul music!!

Martin

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

No price on this classic, but a release date of April 1966. Perhaps start a new(?) thread, what was the best year for soul music!!

Martin

Well i was born in January 1966.... so there you go. :P

Social source share

Anyway, how much does it go for these days? Not sure i've ever seen one for sale on Parkway, i'm prepared for a shock answer.
:D

Don't think the lyrics are very PC(politicaly correct) but I think they're great too, mate! Don't think it's too exspensive either.

Cheers Paul Woosnam

Social source share

Anyway, how much does it go for these days? Not sure i've ever seen one for sale on Parkway, i'm prepared for a shock answer. :D

Funnily enough i've been thinking about this record also, it's kin brill!!

keep on meaning to pick up a copy but never get round to it, i hope this interest doesn't escalate the price! :D

Simon

Social source share

Guest Roccia

A Shake staple too.

And oddly enough you never hear Eddie Pillar do a set without playing it.

Love it!

Strange enough I've played my Parkway issue copy yesterday at home... Lyrics are great :D , and I didn't remember the whole tune was so good... I'll play it out in the next future...

Roccia

Social source share

Guest Soulie007

Cracking record, definitely not an overplayed oldie, proper memory jerker!! Also got a good copy for sale for £25.

Alan

I bought it in 1983 for £4.00 as it was big sound then being played by John Buck at RSG in Hemel Old Town on Thursday nights and I well liked it and was thinking about and dug it out and played it at home.

I had not heard it for years and I thought wow that still sounds good now so I took it down to the Net Bar and played it.

I didn't think it would be all that popular nowadays but before it span Andy BB looked at it on the deck and gave it a clap.

I thought what a great endorcement and so my fears of an empty dance floor suddenly faded away and it went down a storm.

I like Eddie Holman so does anyone know when he is coming back to the UK?

Edited by Soulie007
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!