8,000 Soul 45S - The Whole Thing Is Up For Sale

After much deliberation and hand-wringing, I have decided to sell 99% of my personal soul 45 collection (I want to keep some local bits.).  I have been pursuing other options, but after a couple of people expressed interest and found timing-wise (not money-wise) that it wasn't good for them right now, I've decided to throw the doors open as it were.

I've been collecting for 5.5 years and will still concentrate in other genres, but I'm just not able to continue it due to other needs for the household.  I'm too much of an obsessive personality type when it comes to music to do it half-way, it's either full tilt or nothing, so it's for sale.

A few things to consider about it.

1)  I did get in a cash pinch over the holidays and had to let a few dearer bits go, but there weren't that many to begin with.  I couldn't justify keeping $1000 records.

2)  As with all collections, I have tried to get the best possible condition originals, but have some lesser grade records in there from the beginning of collecting.

3)  The best four boxes have been culled together so I can grade/catalog those for anyone interested in seeing what is there.

4)  While there are no $1000 records, there are plenty of $10-$50 and others higher.

5)  There are about 8,000 records.

6)  Not sure on price, but I won't give it away, but I realize others have to make a profit.

Go on then, get in touch.

Before you ask, I'm not in the UK.  I'm in the States.  I look forward to hearing from you.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

After much deliberation and hand-wringing, I have decided to sell 99% of my personal soul 45 collection (I want to keep some local bits.).  I have been pursuing other options, but after a couple of people expressed interest and found timing-wise (not money-wise) that it wasn't good for them right now, I've decided to throw the doors open as it were.

I've been collecting for 5.5 years and will still concentrate in other genres, but I'm just not able to continue it due to other needs for the household.  I'm too much of an obsessive personality type when it comes to music to do it half-way, it's either full tilt or nothing, so it's for sale.

A few things to consider about it.

1)  I did get in a cash pinch over the holidays and had to let a few dearer bits go, but there weren't that many to begin with.  I couldn't justify keeping $1000 records.

2)  As with all collections, I have tried to get the best possible condition originals, but have some lesser grade records in there from the beginning of collecting.

3)  The best four boxes have been culled together so I can grade/catalog those for anyone interested in seeing what is there.

4)  While there are no $1000 records, there are plenty of $10-$50 and others higher.

5)  There are about 8,000 records.

6)  Not sure on price, but I won't give it away, but I realize others have to make a profit.

Go on then, get in touch.

Before you ask, I'm not in the UK.  I'm in the States.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Don't trade your Soul to the Devil :huh:

Social source share

Good luck. When I sold my collection I was in a state of shock for a while and even now two and a half years later when I hear certain tunes when I'm out and about I think to myself. Wish I still had them.

Steve

I absolutely love soul 45s as well, but I collect 80s British indie and have been collecting soul 45s/CDs in addition, and I just can't afford to collect both.  I don't DJ (I did four times), so hard for me to justify keeping them.  I'd rather have some spare dosh.  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have pulled four 150-count boxes of the very best bits and put them into four boxes (not that the other bits are bad) and have cataloged about 1.5 boxes with artist/title/promo or stock and condition.  PM me if you'd like that list.  I can consider offering some of those bits up individuallly.  

Social source share

Dunc,

I have about 90% of the British indie I'd ever want to own (as I only collect up until 2000, with a few exceptions, but I have artists where I'm missing things like Catherine Wheel and some related.  I am uber picky about condition and want only mint items.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!