Northern In Chethams Musuem ?

Mike

Daily Mail getting it right for once?
:g:  :lol:

says about Chethams Musuem ...

The library began acquiring books in 1655 and has been adding to its collections ever since - it even boasts the world’s foremost collections of Northern Soul paraphernalia

anyone expand/confirm/deny/emblish ...
Edited by mike
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I read an article a couple of years ago stating that Dave Godin had bequeathed his Soul related memorabilia to a Manchester Library

I have contacted Manchester City Libraries who had no knowledge, we walked past Chethams on Sunday to the Wheel.. It could be Dave Godins collection

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reasearching and writing a biography on Dave Godin for two years to be published later this year. Chethams library certainly does house a portion of material that belonged to Dave's original extensive archive. It consisists mainly of paperwork, magazines, personal letters etc. Unfortunately most of the items in Dave's collection relating to Tamla Motown and Northern soul quickly disappeared shortly after his death. Rumours abound that a lot ended up on ebay etc or in various friends' houses. Chetham's should be applauded as they were actually the only archive prepared to accept what was left of Dave Godin's files, all the others soon lost interest when they realised most of his musical history was missing.

The biography I'm writing covers Dave's entire life including his interest in films, politics, animal rights as well as his R&B and Soul days. If anyone has any info or stories they'd like to share for inclusion please email me at stevlor@hotmail.co.uk and as Dave would say, Keep The Faith, Right On Now

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have been reasearching and writing a biography on Dave Godin for two years to be published later this year. Chethams library certainly does house a portion of material that belonged to Dave's original extensive archive. It consisists mainly of paperwork, magazines, personal letters etc. Unfortunately most of the items in Dave's collection relating to Tamla Motown and Northern soul quickly disappeared shortly after his death. Rumours abound that a lot ended up on ebay etc or in various friends' houses. Chetham's should be applauded as they were actually the only archive prepared to accept what was left of Dave Godin's files, all the others soon lost interest when they realised most of his musical history was missing.

The biography I'm writing covers Dave's entire life including his interest in films, politics, animal rights as well as his R&B and Soul days. If anyone has any info or stories they'd like to share for inclusion please email me at stevlor@hotmail.co.uk and as Dave would say, Keep The Faith, Right On Now

After contacting Chethams I started another thread..Not sure if you have seen it but some of the posters maybe willing to assist you..This is the link..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!