Guest Carl Dixon

• Replies 50
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Carl Dixon

Thank you. Yes, on The Delgonives releases I am hoping for a west coast meets Detroit...or somewhere in the middle. The main influences are Frankie Vallie/Four Seasons and The Beach Boys I guess, with The Catalinas, Embers, Reflections thrown in. Indeed the guitars,bass and horns are all done in Los Angeles. The horns arrived yesterday and I am happy with them. I just need to make sure they sit well in the song. One of the remits I gave them was to do about 8 bars of freestyle in that long chorus bit towards the end, to exploit the horn section into doing something I had not sent them...and they have. 

In addition, due for release shortly is a track called 'Soul Girl' Parts 1 & 2 by The Delgonives. This is aimed really at the beach music scene in the US as it has elements I would not associate with soul music per se. The original version was called 'Play Girl' by The Four Winds (1963) written by Mike Paladino. 'Soul Girl' is written by Mike and Robert Paladino and is a derivative of 'Play Girl' and produced by myself and Robert of  'The Epitome of Sound/You Don't Love Me' fame.

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I have decided to prioritise the 'Soul Girl' release as it has taken too long to do. The art work is complete and the presser notes just been tweaked. It could be up for sale by the end of next week. Then, I will concentrate on 'LYACE'. The horns are ok. I am just deciding how many mixes I will release. One will be just the instrumental as is. Another, an overdub Hammond style instrumental and maybe just the rhythm tracks without the sweetening etc. I could do a cappella, but the vocals are not the best and my equipment has serious limitations. More news when it happens. 

It's also good to see the Diane Shaw 'Leave a little love' /'Good lovin man' 45 has surfaced. From a song writers perspective, I never thought a song I was involved with would be produced  by somebody else. It is a thrill: -

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

And I just released along with Robert Paladino (The Epitome of Sound/'You don't love me') a song called 'Soul Girl part 1 and 2. No way this is 'soul', but a beach music song, with loads of cheddar. It's a derivative of a song called "Playgirl'' by The Four Winds (1963). It flopped because kennedy was shot dead the day it was released I believe. Nevertheless, it's new, with a throwback to the mid 60's. 'Loving you' is more blue eyed I guess:

https://soundcloud.com/bandtraxs

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Latest version as at 19th Feb 2015. This will be the radio mix for stations that need a shorter duration. Basically has an end fade, no a cappella, but a few extra vocals on the fade etc. Full horns, live guitars and bass etc.

I am seriously deliberating some hand claps on the 2/4 for the chorus. Can't make my mind up. Might do both and release.

Edited by Carl Dixon
url missing
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Ok, just about complete with the mixes and mastering of LYACE. At this stage I propose to release;

1) a radio edit - a couple of very slight vocal differences on the fade out 2' 55"

2) Vocal long full - with horns/strings, a cappella ending 4' 08"

3) Inst long full - with horns/strings, fade out 4' 00"

4) Vocal long, no horns/strings, a cappella ending 4'08"

5) Inst long, no horns/strings, fade out 4' 00"

6) Inst organ version - organ over dub, with all instrumentation 2' 35" (which is slightly extended compared to the SoundCloud version above).

I may still do a 'hand clap' version, but not made my mind up yet. Also I have a bad head cold right now, and my hearing is slightly impaired so will not make any decisions until back up to speed. In the meantime...I will be working on this MFSB/Salsoul/Philly style song at some stage I wrote last year too: 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

OK, hand clap version of LYACE now 99% complete. This will be a good contender for release with the other mixes. Artwork/photos over the next couple of days and then I decide what date commercially available. I was asked if I was going to press vinyl up, but I do not think it would be financially viable to be honest. You never know though. Anyway take a listen here:

https://soundcloud.com/55motown/loving-you-always-came-easythe-delgonives-hand-clap

Edited by Carl Dixon
url missing
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

And now I have a vibraphone instrumental version of LYACE, available to listen to on Soundcloud. The vibes weave in and out the main melody with counters and derivatives:

Edited by Carl Dixon
url missing
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Latest update. Mixes complete, mastering just about done. There will be a free mono mix of the radio edit no doubt, well at least for a short period. That will be available as a SoundCloud download. The song is registered with the PRS and soon will be with the PPL. ISRC numbers allocated. Then comes the big push. Will be concentrating on the Carolina Beach Music genre and maybe UK Radio 2/6 etc. Again, any Radio talent interested in the song/mixes please pm me for fully registered embedded ISRC MP3's.

More news soon...

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Ok, 'Loving you always came easy'/The Delgonives, now uploaded for release soonest. Eight versions in total, including organ and vibe plus a few other instrumental.  All saleable versions in stereo. I am posting a mono vocal mix on Soundcloud as a free teaser for a few weeks if anybody is interested. I know this material is not 'soul' per se, but if you like 60's type beach numbers, this may tick the boxes. Feel free to post around to colleagues who may be interested. Also, I am obviously looking for air play on any world wide radio FM/AM/Internet stations. I'll leave it with you!!

https://soundcloud.com/55motown/loving-you-always-came-easy-by-the-delgonives

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Update: RELEASED on the 29/6/2015 and in some digital stores already. Bit of a journey to say the least. Eight mixes in total, including vibe and organ instrumentals. This is the Amazon UK link, but available from Amazon US, CD Baby and loads of other stores when it filters though to them. Not quite in iTunes for some reason...they are normally first. The Soundcloud link above still has the free mono version if you are not quite tempted but curious....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Loving-You-Always-Came-Easy/dp/B010N8Q106/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435853307&sr=8-1&keywords=the+delgonives

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

The free download version of 'Loving you always came easy' by The Delgonives available via this link. There are no less than eight versions of this release including vibe and organ instrumentals. Why so many? To try and capitalise on the release and generate interest, revenue (if I am lucky), practise my mixing and mastering and hopefully make the next tracks better, with more mixes etc:

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Carl Dixon

I was delighted to learn that 'Loving you...'/The Delgonives was played on the Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show a couple of weeks ago. The above url still has the free mono radio mix download available. If you are on air talent and require a fully registered PRS/PPL broadcast mp3, please pm me. There are 8 stereo mixes available from all digital platforms. 

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

This new song will more than likely be the next but one release for 'The Delgonives' following 'Coming Home' which is just in the final process of getting the vocals completed. 'Call yourself a smoothie' is a working title right now as I work on the music and groove. Once again this is  a 1960's sounding Detroit styled affair......and just maybe I will do two lots of vocals ,male and female. Early days I guess:

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Solo sax version of 'One piece of cake' which will all being well, be a 'The Delgonives' release later this year. In addition, a number of other instrumental versions similar to this will be available too. This mix for the purposes of the demo, is shorter and mixed mono/stereo to protect copyright etc. If you like late 60's/early 70's Detroit/Motown style music a la Junior Walker, don't pass this by. This production is far from finished and am hoping for a nice bass guitar addition also. Excuse the fades and glitches, there for obvious reasons. Probably do a Hammond instrumental too. AND...if DJ's guarantee at least 10 plays at their dance events  I may even press up 45's and give them one.....but that is a long way away. Would anybody buy it???? AND what would be on the other side, the vocal, organ instrumental, vive instrumental.......?

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Third in the line to release after 'Coming Home', 'One piece of cake' (which is just waiting for a bass guitar track and finish of the vocals), The Delgonives will be performing on 'Miss me, miss my baby' which is a mid 60's style blue eyed soul affair with a Detroit groove. I started writing this in December last year and yesterday I sent the track to my horn contractor to look at. Loads of work to do on it. 

In the meantime, 'One piece of cake' is just about there. The song registration and admin are done, just a question of that bass guitar piece and finishing the vocals. I bought a new mic today, so may re do all of them. Forgive the links above that do not work, it's because I change the song so many times and subject to storage space, I have to delete files form my SoundCloud account.

Here is 'Miss me, miss my baby' the instrumental:

'Miss me, miss my baby' by The Delgonives

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest Carl Dixon

If you like instrumentals, I am playing with something on 'Miss me, miss my baby'. Let it get started. Real drums, trumpets, trombones, saxophones and a bari. The latest version with real guitars and bass. This version though, not on yet...but will be. There will be multiple versions and mixes....this is the 'just for fun' mix. See what you think:

'Miss me, miss my baby' - just for fun mix

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest Carl Dixon

**FOOT STOMP** version. OK just finalising a few things with 'Miss me, miss my baby' by The Delgonives. This is the 'foot stomp' vocal version which will be one of the mixes available when released February time. Drums performed by Detroits Drew Schulz (The Four Tops live drummer) AND with no edits. REAL horns, guitars and bass guitar. All these with no edits either. I call this 'Morethan Soul', because it is a new song with a retro groove....

From the sleeve notes..

"Following on from last year’s release of 'Loving you always came easy', The Delgonives perform this new original song with a familiar 1960's groove again. Carl Dixon wrote the song with a melody that takes the clock back to around 1965 to give it a ‘Carolina Beach’ sound with sprinklings of Detroit and the Wall of Sound here and there. This is the seventh 'Delgonives' release in the last few years and has a number of vocal and instrumental versions that are available to download, including the saxophone, electric piano and vibraphone mixes for instrumental lovers. All vocals were recorded in London/England, but the guitars, bass and horns were recorded in Nashville and drums by Drew Schultz in Detroit. The notion of multiple mixes is to give listeners, radio stations and potentially TV stations a choice of recordings that fit their programming.

In the past, Carl Dixon has co wrote and produced with celebrated Funk Brother guitarist, songs writer and performer Dennis Coffey songs featuring Spyder Turner and Cherokee Pree in the ‘Motor City’ along with some other notable ‘Funk Brothers’ and session musicians back in 2008. Later that same year Carl teamed up with Philly legend Bobby Eli where they co wrote, along with singer songwriter Chiquita Green, four new songs in his ‘Grooveyard’ studio. The two releases from that session are ‘There I go falling in love again’ by Chiquita and ‘Soul Recession’ by legendary Salsoul recording harmony group ‘Double Exposure’ famous for such releases as ’My love is free’, ‘Ten percent’ and ‘Every man’. In addition, Carl also has a co write with UK soul singer Diane Shaw called ‘Good Lovin Man’ which is on her album ‘Love, Life and Strings’. Carl and The Delgonives are also proud to have co produced and sang on Robert and Mike Paladino's 'Soul Girl' parts 1 & 2 last year. This song is a derivative of The Four Winds original 'Playgirl' released in 1963. Carl and Robert created this masterpiece remotely via Internet collaboration."

https://soundcloud.com/bandtraxs/miss-me-miss-my-baby-voc-foot-stomp-sc

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

See below for updated instrumentation etc:

Not a Delgonives track, but if you like Pilly/Salsoul/Disco/70's soul check this out. 'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas due for release soon. This is the alternate drum version. This mix will accompany the release which features drums recorded in Philly, horns recorded in LA and guitars in Nashville and the bass guitar....from Manchester. Listen to the lyrics, they are not what you think they are about. So get your Hai Karate, Brut, Jade East, Gingham and Taboo out and splash it all over:

'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

And coming soon! The RADIO edit just mixed today of 'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas featuring:

'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas

1. Jeff Leonard on drums, recorded in Philly ('The Grooveyard' recorded and engineered by Bobby Eli)
  2. Gavin Morris on bass guitar, recorded in Manchester (originally on ALOTBS instrumental off 'Make Five' album
  3. Mark Baldwin (Nashville)/Carl Dixon (London) on guitars
  4. Studio Pros, LA for all the horns
  5. Lead vocal & b/v's LaTisha (Studio Pros) LA
  6. B/V's - Carl Dixon (London)

This version has ALL real guitars. The previous one did not.

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi everybody

If you are interested there is now a FREE mono download of the radio edit of 'Miss me, miss my baby', by The Delgonives on Soundcloud. Think 60's, Detroit drum groove, blue eyed etc. Real guitars, horns, bass (Nashville), and Detroit drums by Drew Schulz. This is release is fully registered with the PRS, MCPS and PPL here in the UK and is one of twenty mixes that will be available. Subject to interest I may release a 45 with the sax instrumental on and the stereo radio vocal mix. Who knows, it's just a thought. Why so many mixes? Well, hopefully it will help me pay for the real instruments I have put on the track. Ejnoy:-

'Miss me, miss my baby' by The Delgonives

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

And....if you like Philly, Salsoul, MFSB, TSOP, Armada Orchestra, 70's soul, disco, hustle, Philly Groove, I just uploaded the electric piano versionof 'A little of the big stuff' on to my Soundcloud channel. This will be one of the many mixes available when released. My gut feeling is the piano level needs to drop 1 db!

'A little of the big stuff'/The Formellas (electric piano instrumental mix)

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

And it gets worse! Take a listen to the DEMO of 'Tell me (crying over you' a possible contender for release this year by THE DELGONIVES'. Think mid 60's, blue eyed soul, The Embers, The Reflections etc :-

"Introducing 'Tell me (crying over you)' demo written by Carl Dixon and Spyder Turner. This is a proposed release for The Delgonives later this year. I will not be using any of the instrumentation from the original 2008 Detroit recording featuring Spyder. That release stands on its own. This cover will be in my usual style and  will have real guitars, horns and bass. The original demo for this song was written in 2004 and travelled to Detroit in 2008 where Spyder, Dennis Coffey and other notable session musicians including Uriel Jones, Spider Webb, Ray Monette & Bob Babbitt helped complete it under the direction of Motown arranger David J. VanDe Pitte."

Copyright Carl Dixon (CHD)/Spyder Turner(Proud Belly)2008
(p) Carl Dixon/Bandtraxs

'Tell me (crying over you)' by The Delgonives

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I am delighted to advise that today, the 14th February 2017, CD Baby have managed to make available in their digital store the brand new release from 'The Delgonives' called 'Miss me, miss my baby'. Other digital stores and streaming outlets to follow in the next few days, world wide. The BIG push for this track will be next week when all 20 mixes will be available everywhere like iTunes, Amazon, 7Digital, Spotify etc. In the meantime prior to that, if you would like to hear any or all the different versions AND in full, feel free to go to the following url. I HIGHLY recommend number 15, as this is probably the most unusual :

Preview ALL 20 mixes here at CD Baby!

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I have knocked out a promo showcasing some of the mixes available for 'Miss me, miss my baby' by The Delgonives if anynody is interested. Feel free to forward to anybody who like a 60's Detroit groove, particularly if they are radio talent not afraid of playing ODO lol!! Listen out for the saxophone instrumental AND the a cappella intro versions. All with a sparkling Hull accent:-

++PROMO++ for 'Miss me, miss my baby' by The Delgonives

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

I have just uploaded a 'vibe' instrumental version of 'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas if anybody is interested. Think modern, philly, salsoul, phillygroove, tsop, mfsb,70s, disco etc. Hoping to release this in the next 6 weeks. Real drums, guitars, bass and horns on this!

'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas (vibe instrumental)

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Interestingly, I have been asked whether 'Festival of Love'/Bandtraxs is going to be released on vinyl. At 5' 07" too long for a 7". Maybe put this and 'A little of the big stuff on the flip at just 3' 19" on12". They are both very new tracks but throwbacks to about 1976. Would it work, would they be a sellable product? Could they be considered a possibility for vinyl dance events? Would a vocal be better? There are lyrics for 'Festival' but I have never recorded them a la The Salsoul Orchestra. Feedback appreciated. Thank you.

'Festival of love' by Bandtraxs

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Deleted previous post. Noticed error. Sorry.

Quick up date on 'A little of the big stuff'. Tracks all mixed, now need mastering and the mp3s need embedding with the meta data, ISRC numbers and lyrics. Song is already registered with the PRS from the original version. PPL will need doing once uploaded to aggregator. Looking to release 1st week in April all being well. Was thinking of doing a crowd funding to see if there was enough demand to press vinyl. Have mixed feelings about all the faffing with it.This is the original version off the 'Make FIve' album release, followed by the teaser mix. There will be about 12 or so mixes of The Formellas version including the drums off the Bandtraxs version along with the new guitars, horns and vocals. The main releases feature drummer Jeff Leonard on drums recorded at Bobby Eli's studio 'The Grooveyard' in Philly, so quite a lot of real instrumentation on board this one:-

'A little of the big stuff' by Bandtraxs

'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas (Teaser mix)

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Error sorted - sorry about that. Plus, there is a rumour that my vocal version levels are a little low, so that has to be rectified to. Grrrr...

This version is the special instrumental mix which has electric piano, organ and vibe sections with a piano bridge. Think Philly, Phillygroove, Salsoul, MFSB, TSOP. And do I press this to vinyl with a vocal version? 

'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas (special instrumental mix)

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

++LATEST++ version of the Dixon/Turner composition 'Tell me (crying over you)' performed by The Delgonives due for release in the next few months. This version features REAL guitars, bass, tambourine etc. Horns & drums soon. Multiple mixes for sure including a tenor sax lead, organ and vibe as well, plus maybe vinyl for this. First commercial release of this song by Spyder Turner. Also hoping to have a guest female lead for a version too! I need feedback on this with a view to vinyl. 'Do I risk it, indeed I may'. Vocal radio mix on the A side and a tenor sax lead instrumental on the B side. 

'Tell me (crying over you)' by The Delgonives (version 5)

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Hi everybody,

For my sins I have been invited onto 'Wycombe Sound 106.6' at 5pm today to play some of my recordings and material I have been involved with as a guest. I believe there is an Internet stream too. So if you would rather not enjoy the sunshine and drinking loads of beer, wine and cider on such a shocking day weather wise, feel free to tune in. Not certain how it will go. Have been a guest before, but its all ad libbed.

Wycombe Sound 106.60

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

+ANOTHER+ update for The Delgonives version of 'Tell me (crying over you)' written by myself and Spyder Turner. This version features additional real trombones, tenors and bari sax. Drums from Detroit next, then mixing etc. Version 5 is disabled now. Part of the tenor overdub lead is on the end of this as an idea for a mix. Check out bari sax middle 8 around 1' 32"!

'Tell me (crying over you) by The Delgonives (version 6)

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

DETROIT drums just added to version 7 of 'Tell me (crying over you)' by The Delgonives. The track now has real drums, guitars, bass, trombones, tenor and bari saxophones, tambourine etc. This is a complete new production of the track and does not touch any of the original Spyder Turner release of 2008. Think blue eyed soul 1967!!

"+UPDATE ALERT+ Version 7 of 'Tell me (crying over you' by The Delgonives. This version now features REAL drums done in Detroit by Drew Schultz, Bass in Nashville by Gary Lunn, guitars in Nashville by Mark Baldwin, horns also Nashville by Sam Levine and friends. The rest of the music keys, tambourine etc done by myself. This is the proposed extended version, with the radio mix fading down well before the party starts. There will be a number of mixes available as I experiment with vocal and instrumental alternatives. The sax, vibe and organ versions are the favourites for the main instrumentals. 

This version has no recordings included from the 2008 Detroit recorded version that Spyder Turner sings on. This is a 100% new production but with the ideas from that original release."

© Carl Dixon (PRS CHD Publishing), Spyder Turner (BMI Proud belly Music) 2008, (P) Carl Dixon 2017

Preview the track here:

'Tell me (crying over you)' by The Delgonives (version 7)

and this is the tenor saxophone instrumental:

'Tell me (crying over you)' by The Delgonives (saxophone instrumental)

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

I have finally released 'A Little of the Big Stuff' by The Formellas, officially 1st June 2017. Think 70s east coast, disco, Philly, Salsoul, Phillygroove etc.

There are 14 mixes including vocal radio, extended, a couple of different drummers, instrumentals with vibe, organ and electric piano and a couple with the middle eight with a different melody to the others, plus a 'sweet' mix which is an instrumental combo of vibe, organ and electric piano. The recordings can be played in FULL at CD Baby for appraisal. There is a promo on Soundcloud showcasing a few of the mixes and also a free mono radio mix download on Soundcloud too.

CD Baby to hear all tracks throughout

Soundcloud promo of 'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas

Soundcloud +FREE+ mono radio mix of 'A little of the big stuff' by The Formellas

Feel free to share any links. Believe me, doing this is hard work...for no pay!

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Now that 'Big stuff' is released, well...officially tomorrow, I can concentrate on another version of 'Tell me (crying over you)', this time by The Delgonives. It will feature at least nine mixes, and all new instrumentation including Detroit drums, Nashville, bass, guitars and horns. If you like instrumentals check this out..it has a mid 60s east coast groove and will be a mix called 'Rhythm +' or something like that. I am just in the process of mixing the individual versions, then I will master this week maybe. More news later:

'Tell me (crying over you)' 'Rhythm +' instrumental version by The Delgonives

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Ok, the above link for the Rhythm plus version of 'Tell me (crying over you)' is now disabled as I have almost finished the longer mix and masters hopefully. It would be a shame to cut it too short. Think 60s soul, Detroit etc. On listening while posting this, I hear a little muddle with the guitars around 4', so may tidy that up grrrr...

"This is the +FULL+ length special rhythm ++INSTRUMENTAL++ version of 'Tell me' (with a few audio/reverb tweaks for copyright purposes). Bearing in mind this cut has real drums, tambourine, guitars, bass and horns, it was time I dedicated just a drum and bass beginning. The released version will be full stereo. That's Drew Schultz on drums, Gary Lunn on bass guitar and Mark Baldwin on guitar. Sam Levine tenor/bari sax and Roy Agee on trombone! Me on everything else. If you like instrumentals with hand claps, organ, saxophone or vibes they are all on here......

Check out the vocal version too.

Copyright Carl Dixon/Spyder Turner2008
This recording: (P) Carl Dixon/Bandtraxs 2017

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Hi everybody. 

For those interested I have released 'Tell me (crying over you)' by The Delgonives (digital only at this stage). There are ten vocal and instrumental mixes. If you like a tenor sax it's there! If you like a bari middle 8, it's there. If you like an alternate vocal, it's there too. Also check out track 9 - the rhythm plus where you can hear just the drums and bass to commence with, and builds up to the full orchestration. The original concept for this song was here in West London circa 2004. It's journey continued to Detroit in 2008 for recording by Spyder Turner and release here in the UK digitally and on vinyl. I decided to cover specifically for the Carolina Beech scenario as I get more airplay in the US etc and probably strictly should not be on here I guess. However, there is a Detroit groove throughout, the same horn arrangement as David J. Van De Pitte so maybe a blue eyed scenario could tick the boxes, but who knows! 

Feel free to download the free mono radio mix here:

'Tell me (crying over you)/The Delgonives - Free radio mix

and the promo showcasing some of the versions. Yes, I know it sounds cheesy, but this is all with my song writer hat on, not 'that was Bob Babbitt on bass and Earl Van Dyke on piano' one :-)

'Tell me (crying over you)/The Delgonives - stereo promo

And as I really need to exploit my songs and get them out there, I am seriously thinking of going out performing them at some stage! Believe me, my voice is not good. The ten mixes are filtering into the digital stores now worldwide! Enjoy the free version and please share if you can. Actually if you do not share, it might become 'ODO' ;-)

If this is not appropriate Mike, please delete.

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi Mike

Ok, will give it a try. I am a little uneasy promoting a commercial release in the grand scheme of things. I feel it is sometimes inappropriate I guess. I know for sure many are not interested in new productions and even though I tag as many genres, I am none of them. Just new songs 'in the style of' as somebody mentioned previously somewhere. Let's se if I can do it........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!