Reissues With Exact Label Scans

Steviehay

https://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181596332847 Don't want to diss this guy but he does state they are NOT originals why on earth would you pay this sort of money for these plus he is selling these by the bucket loads he should actually state they are NEW ,his starting price is a reasonable £20 ,then you get out bid only to find another copy turns up later I leave this in your ball court
Social source share

Stevie, Yes indeed I looked back at his previous auctions and he has sold MULTIPLES of some very Rare Northern 45's with lookalike labels and selling for ££-£££ , they look ok at first glance but then another Larry Clinton turns up ummmmmmmmm!! if only, but hey when they are FAKE that is EASY , PPL pay the money and he is rolling them out , mind you in saying that there have been some terrible boots/etc over the years as we know,but his at least look the part I guess ok,but agreed the money they fetch amazes me Gilly

Edited by soulgrooves
Social source share

Well these are boots period. I'd be interested in how the labels look. What are they like and how have they been done? He must have access to a record plant surely? I can't see how else he could be running presumably minimal amounts of records off. Unless he's doing maybe 50 at a time and just feeding 'em out over a period of years. Either way, it's naughty and just makes everything that little bit murkier ay?

What's the betting that a few Eddie Parker's start emerging?  :g:

Ian D  :g:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

That's why I'm interested in how the labels look. Glued on or stamped on?

Ian D

Well the Martha Reeves label appears to rather blurry, and to have been cut out with a blunt pair of scissors.

Social source share

You can see the label is stuck on. These are carvers definitely. No wonder the originals are going for silly money. You buy the original, record the audio, copy the labels. Get a few carvers done, stick the labels on, flog the original, flog the carvers. Get more carvers done......

Social source share

this sort of thing has always gone on. I remember Shifty ebaying a bunch of boots with copied labels. So what? He stated clearly what they were just like this seller is doing. F*ck it, I'm gonna get a few carvers done. Now,who can recommend a good label scanning service?  :thumbsup:

BTW, I don't really like all this carry on, but you can't really blame this bloke cashing in while there's these arseholes who want to buy this crap. Surely 

Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

I have to admit I was tempted by a Bob & Fred boot this guy was selling a few days ago....  I haven't been collecting that long and have about 40 singles and not a single boot among them... All mint but nothing really worth over £100. I love the Bob & Fred track and there is no way I will ever be able to afford (Or in reality justify) buying an original copy.  If it were available as a legitimate re-release I would buy a copy tomorrow.... I would just love the track as a 45 single. I resisted buying as I kind of thought it would "spoil" the rest of my collection, but right or wrong I can see why people are tempted to hand over money. What I don't understand are the crazy prices for something that is really pretty worthless...

Social source share

I did email the guy who replied very courteously. ?(me) l presume the sound quality of these carvers is ok ?....Hi this is not a carver it is a reissue with excellent copied labels,sound quality is very good hope that helps.....I nearly fell out of my rocking chair when I saw the piccie of martha reeves ???? By the way cheers for the birthday wishes frank

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Bottom line is Ebay don't give a toss. They very rarely do anything if you report fake or bootleg items, I am sure most on here could go on Ebay and find 1000 illegal items within a few minutes....

Social source share

Well these are boots period. I'd be interested in how the labels look. What are they like and how have they been done? He must have access to a record plant surely? I can't see how else he could be running presumably minimal amounts of records off. Unless he's doing maybe 50 at a time and just feeding 'em out over a period of years. Either way, it's naughty and just makes everything that little bit murkier ay?

What's the betting that a few Eddie Parker's start emerging?  :g:

Ian

Ian - I doubt if he's pressing up 50 copies at a time. At £80 a pop he'd only need to sell 7-8 to break even and the rest is profit. I would say that he's pressing 300 and sitting on the balance drip feeding them over a period

Social source share

I have to admit I was tempted by a Bob & Fred boot this guy was selling a few days ago....  I haven't been collecting that long and have about 40 singles and not a single boot among them... All mint but nothing really worth over £100. I love the Bob & Fred track and there is no way I will ever be able to afford (Or in reality justify) buying an original copy.  If it were available as a legitimate re-release I would buy a copy tomorrow.... I would just love the track as a 45 single. I resisted buying as I kind of thought it would "spoil" the rest of my collection, but right or wrong I can see why people are tempted to hand over money. What I don't understand are the crazy prices for something that is really pretty worthless...

It has been. Came out on goldmine sevens label. Shouldn't be too hard to find and not cost a lot.

in fact, a quick look on eBay. Here ya go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOB-FRED-Ill-Be-On-My-Way-THE-PARLIAMENTS-Heart-Trouble-GS022-/151548068175?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2348f8014f

Edited by John A
Social source share

There is an "official" reissue of this on the Goldmine Sevens label

oops sorry John didn't see your reply

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

It has been. Came out on goldmine sevens label. Shouldn't be too hard to find and not cost a lot.

in fact, a quick look on eBay. Here ya go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOB-FRED-Ill-Be-On-My-Way-THE-PARLIAMENTS-Heart-Trouble-GS022-/151548068175?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2348f8014fPi

At least the likes of the Goldmine 45s, plus grapevine, kent, outta sights etc are legal reissues.   If they help drive out the bootleggers then surely it's a good thing?

Edited by Hayden Road
Social source share

You did the right thing. Better to go without than waste money on fake rubbish.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

this sort of thing has always gone on. I remember Shifty ebaying a bunch of boots with copied labels. So what? He stated clearly what they were just like this seller is doing. F*ck it, I'm gonna get a few carvers done. Now,who can recommend a good label scanning service?  :thumbsup:

BTW, I don't really like all this carry on, but you can't really blame this bloke cashing in while there's these arseholes who want to buy this crap. Surely 

Disagree. Immoral to take advantage either by faking records or cheating low IQ collectors of their hard earned money. Fakers should stick with handbags and watches rather than spoil our hobby.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Disagree. Immoral to take advantage either by faking records or cheating low IQ collectors of their hard earned money. Fakers should stick with handbags and watches rather than spoil our hobby.

Collectors must have a really low IQ to fall for these.

There was a time when a certain amount of knowledge was needed to collect northern originals.

If you weren't sure that a record was original or not, you asked someone who did......

You either collect originals or you don't, bootlegs have been around for as long as I can remember, these are no different to any other. The fault lies with the idiots paying stupid money for worthless records.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I don't think the people buying these are being taken advantage of. The seller quite clearly states they ain't real.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Can anyone on this post hold their hand up and say they have never sold a boot?

I think I know who this dealer is,as do many of the posters here i would expect and if he make money by telling

prospective purchasers what he is selling then so be it.

We all go abroad each year and come back with knock off fakes,shirts,watches etc what makes records any different.

Im not condoning it,thats just how it is.

Social source share

Anyway, I hate all reissues legit or not. Even "Kent" reissues. It's not like they don't have access to a wealth of quality unissued material they could put out. But hey, that's just the snobby record collector in me.

They are never going to go away while there's others who wanna buy them.

Edited by John A
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

There is an "official" reissue of this on the Goldmine Sevens label

oops sorry John didn't see your reply

Thanks guys for the information.... I'll be buying Goldmine copy of the 45 until I either win the lottery, or can somehow justify spending that type of money on one single to my wife!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

Anyway, I hate all reissues legit or not. Even "Kent" reissues. It's not like they don't have access to a wealth of quality unissued material they could put out. But hey, that's just the snobby record collector in me.

They are never going to go away while there's others who wanna buy them.

You hate the Kent reissues??? Their remastered version of Rita and the Tiara's is superb.. especially when played on a decent sound system. The backing track is a lot clearer and upfront... I'm happy with a re-issue if the original is just too damn expensive....

Social source share

Collectors must have a really low IQ to fall for these.

There was a time when a certain amount of knowledge was needed to collect northern originals.

If you weren't sure that a record was original or not, you asked someone who did......

You either collect originals or you don't, bootlegs have been around for as long as I can remember, these are no different to any other. The fault lies with the idiots paying stupid money for worthless records.

Some will perceive these records to be cheaper value-for-money alternatives when in fact they are worthless. In time, they will cause confusion in the market and buyers will be duped. We are now in an era when bootlegs are made to look like the real thing so this innovation is sure to cause problems in the future.

Social source share

I don't think the people buying these are being taken advantage of. The seller quite clearly states they ain't real.

Ah, but he is capitalising on the gullible. This could spoil it for new-to-the-scene record buyers who don't have much knowledge or spare cash. The records appear to be a bargain but are as pointless as goods bought in the Christmas Sales and never used.

Social source share

You hate the Kent reissues??? Their remastered version of Rita and the Tiara's is superb.. especially when played on a decent sound system. The backing track is a lot clearer and upfront... I'm happy with a re-issue if the original is just too damn expensive....

Well hate maybe a bit strong,,,,but yes. If ya want a Rita & tiaras. Buy the real thing. If ya just wanna listen to it, get a cd or download it. Just my opinion of course and each to their own.

Edited by John A
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Ah, but he is capitalising on the gullible. This could spoil it for new-to-the-scene record buyers who don't have much knowledge or spare cash. The records appear to be a bargain but are as pointless as goods bought in the Christmas Sales and never used.

I totally get what you're saying. But I've said this before. If someone's dumb enough to spend even fifty quid on a 7inch piece of plastic (and I am more than dumb enough believe me) then they need to go in armed with at least a basic level of knowledge surely. 

I'm not defending this carry on but I do think the buyers need to shoulder most of the responsibility.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181637535018?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

here's an example - maybe seller is unaware, certainly doesnt say. Just crap cluttering up the place, poluting the music and the spirit of record collecting with its cheapness, and for what? For someone to make a bit of money and someone else to be an unnecesary dj - both though depending on other people doing it the right way.

In response to above posts - no, I dont buy fake clothes either, but its not the same anyway ; casual wear isn't a beautiful artform that should be loved and respected, and doesn't support or sustain grass roots non-profiteering social culture.

lot of us on here have been early on newies, had one offs, rarities, in demand records and acetates but haven't made boots of them or cashed in in any way.

I'd rather graft for tenner an hour than squeezing money out of something good, that isnt mine to sell, or by creating superflous crap that enables chancers to appear on-trend. And I prove this by doing exactly that.

Phil I'm shocked that big djs play boots on the northern scene, talk about having your cake and eating it. All I can say is that on the scene I've djed on for the last ten years - mod and r&b I suppose - I've never known anyone play a boot or reissue at a do ive been at. In 2008 I saw someone play that 70s mosquitos boot of manny corchado and pulled them up on it :-)

should name and shame, I would. No good ever came of arse kissing, back slapping, double standards or cheating. Meaningful culture thrives on integrity.

Edited by pow wow mik
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Well he's using old reissues so they're going to have the old reissue information in the run off...

Yes Pete thanks, but who knows what's in the reissue run offs as opposed to the originals ? The info is only in the bootleg guide if it's been bootlegged ! Maybe the next Price Guide will need to have orginal matrix information included to help differentiate if you can't tell labels apart. And do you think that every one is really an old reissue underneath ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!