Oxford Knights

Guest in town Mikey

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i would not give this bloke the steam off my pi** !

Whether its a real copy or not I really don't like this seller. Had a few bits in one shipment a few months ago and all were in poor condition. He rated the 45s as mint and I wouldn't have given it a VG.

I also hate the way he hypes his stuff up....classic, killer, strong etc.

I know Trevski had Pikeys Dog have had problems with him too.

Shane

Social source share

Yep a boxful has turned up :thumbsup: and he says they're all originals. I was dealing with him a couple of months ago and I think he's selling for on of the band members. He originally wanted $1,250, but he seems to have dropped his price (maybe due to counterfeits?). Does anyone actually know how much it's worth? It says £900 in price guide, but the last three or four on the bay made around $500, which is understandable given the boots.

By the way, has anyone got a spare copy of Willie Tee - "First Taste Of Hurt" ? Not interested in the funky B-side, so the cheaper one will do :thumbsup:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Oh just realized my mistake... The one I'm bidding on has a 'buy now' of about $845. Can't see why anyone would buy the $1,250 copies :thumbsup:

link

The guy told me he got them from a band member.

He is dropping the "buy it now" price 'cos he's flooded the market with em!

Dodgy guy!

Social source share

Dodgy guy!

link

I would be very sceptical about buying any copy from the States. £900 a joke IMO. With the number of copies about it must be down to £300 tops???? maybe less cause no one knows how many copies out there.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Have to agree Chalky!

Shame really, what started out as a bloody good record has now been undermined by dodgy dealers, counterfeits etc. Gonna be another Danny Moore-£80 max, before long!

:):)

BTW does anyone know who "lil peddler is? someone who's info I trust said it was Lou Stanley? wink.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Have to agree Chalky!

Shame really, what started out as a bloody good record has now been undermined by dodgy dealers, counterfeits etc. Gonna be another Danny Moore-£80 max, before long!

smile.gif   :)

link

vocal not too bad but the music is awful after a few listens. One of those that soon grow tired of. Agree with your DM comment, will be very common soon!!

errr soon? It is now :):)

Social source share

Those oxford knights " are certainly not originals that he's been selling . don't touch em for sure !

link

Hi Andy.... nice to chat with you at Sheridan's.... :)

Suspicions of most folk are correct then.... he keeps trying hard though.... bless.... only on "buy it now" instead of auction.... and at $1,250 :) ....

Social source share

Those oxford knights " are certainly not originals that he's been selling . don't touch em for sure !

link

Could you please tell me, how can I see, if it's a original or not?

As I mentioned in the other thread a friend of mine got one of him. So it would be nice to know.

Thanks, Martin

Social source share

Dodgy guy!

link

Yeah I spoke with the guy - claims he got them from a box in the band members wardrobe. When I told him I might be interested he asked how many I wanted!! Who knows if they're kosher or not - we need someone on here with a definite original to identify distinguishing marks/numbers etc....

Rich

Social source share

Have to agree Chalky!

smile.gif   :)

BTW does anyone know who "lil peddler is? someone who's info I trust said it was Lou Stanley? :)

link

His name's Julian.

link

I think they are. He reeled off all the necisary info and all sounded OK to me. Besides, if you read his feedback, the majority's positive, so must be an honest seller (apart from the grading :) )...

Yeah I spoke with the guy - claims he got them from a box in the band members wardrobe. When I told him I might be interested he asked how many I wanted!! Who knows if they're kosher or not - we need someone on here with a definite original to identify distinguishing marks/numbers etc....

Rich

As far as I know, only way to tell is that the orig's have a matt black label, and the boots have glossy. Stamps etc. supposedly identical.

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Original one is stamped "music city" and has 25 and a "B" in a circle

scratched in on both sides, plus DL-0016-B on the ISALO side, and DL-0016-A

on the flip.

Social source share

on the flip.

link

Thanks for the information, Mikey.

Hopefully the copy of my friend has all those characteristic marks.

Social source share

Just thinking...

Wouldn't the Oxford Knights would be a superb name for an Ice Hockey team? Do Oxford have an Ice Hockey team? - I suggest they change their name if they do! :)

Hammy

Social source share

on the flip.

link

I know someone that bought one of these a few months back off this seller.

It definitely has the "music city" stamp (cant remeber whats scratched in though)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!