Hollywood (Nashville) Label Discograpghy

Windlesoul

Referring to "Hollywood Records" as a Nashville label, is only referring to that label's resurrection from the end of the '60s through the early '70s, by it's owner, Starday Records, operating out of Nashville.  Hollywood Records was started at the beginning of 1954, after John Dolphin, owner of the "Recorded in Hollywood" Records, sold his masters to US Decca, who made a partnership with Don Pierce to form "Hollywood Records", which would release those masters, and new recordings (many also made in L.A.  Despite Pierce being located in Texas. The first Hollywood ran from beginning of 1954 through early 1959.  Starday resurrected that label near the end of the '60s, re-issuing some of their '50s hits, while also recording and issuing new Soul material.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Freddie Williams "Name in lights" on 1114 has always been a fav.(not on that list)..didnt Hal Hardy come out on this?

Agree..."Name In Lights" is so under appreciated and worthy of far more attention...solid Northern...and I juuust happen to currently have a spare WD for someone to take advantage of! In fact, I prefer it to his version of, "I've Got To Live While I Can".

Hal Hardy...yes tis on this series of Hollywood releases...an old Stafford fave!

:thumbsup:

post-9555-0-81016400-1421674695_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!