Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Pete S

New Originals List - Jimmy Ricks, Sid Barnes, Bobby Day Etc

pete.smith@freeuk.com

01902 326306

HI, HERE’S ANOTHER LIST OF NICE ORIGINALS, AS ALWAYS THESE HAVE BEEN PLAY GRADED, FOR THOSE WHO STILL CAN’T GET A HANDLE ON THIS — IF I SAY THAT THE RECORD LOOKS VERY GOOD BUT ACTUALLY PLAYS MINT — THEN IT DOES!  IT WILL BE PRICED ACCORDINGLY — NOT AS A MINT RECORD BUT AS SOMEWHERE INBETWEEN VG AND MINT.  A RECORD CAN LOOK LIKE IT CAME OUT OF A SKIP AND STILL PLAY SUPERBLY.  I SHOULD KNOW, MOST OF MY COLLECTION LOOKS LIKE THAT…

LABELS ARE CLEAN UNLESS STATED.  ONLY THE A SIDE (THE NORTHERN SIDE) IS GRADED

ALL ARE USA ORIGINALS

THE APOLLAS — YOU’RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT — LOMA DEMO                                                   VG++      25

Little crackle before it starts otherwise fine

ANITA BRYANT — MY MIND’S PLAYING TRIVKS ON ME AGAIN — COLUMBIA DEMO       EX+         30 SOLD

Stunning beat ballad — bargain

BOBBY DAY — PRETTY LITTLE GIRL NEXT DOOR — RCA                                                               VG+/EX                   125

Just a little very minor background noise at start

BIG MAYBELLE — YESTERDAY’S KISSES — SCEPTER                                                                        VG+/EX                   30

Same comments as above — fantastic version

BARBARA MASON — AIN’T GOT NOBODY — ARCTIC                                                                                           EX            30

One mark on the vinyl not affecting play    

THE CHELL-MARS — ROAMIN’ HEART — JAMIE DEMO                                                                    VG+/EX-  30

One or two light background pops

CHUCK BERNARD — SEND FOR ME — ST. LAWRENCE                                                                     EX-           25

Two X’s on label

CAROLYN CRAWFORD — WHEN SOMEONE’S GOOD TO YOU — MOTOWN                          EX-           40

Brilliant, like all her Motown 45’s…drill hole in label, record plays NM

THE DEL-CORDS — JUST A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING — UP                                                  EX            25

Good blue eyed version

THE EMBERS — IT AIN’T NECESSARY / AIN’T NO BIG THING — BELL                                      EX            40

Both sides have some minor scuffs but play absolutely fine

THE FANTASTICS — ME AND YOU — SOUND STAGE 7 DEMO                                                                        EX-           150

Minor crackle right on the intro otherwise plays great, a little ring wear to raised part of label

GIGI & THE CHARMAINES — POOR UNFORTUNATE ME — COLUMBIA DEMO                      EX-           25

Couple of marks but plays as new throughout

HONEY & THE BEES — WHY DO YOU HURT THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU — ARCTIC        VG++      50

A little crackle on intro, some ringwear to label

THE INTRIGUES — IN A MOMENT — BULLET                                                                                         VG+         30

This is the very rare local Philly release — one or two pops but better than most copies that turn up

JANET & THE JAYS — LOVE WHAT YOU’RE DOING TO ME — HI DEMO                                   EX-           20

Nice dancer

JIMMY RICKS — OH WHAT A FEELING — FESTIVAL                                                                    VG++      150 SOLD

Now this one doesn’t have any scratches but it does have background noise, presumably from playing with a heavy tone arm.  Vinyl copy, multicoloured demo.  Turn the treble down and it sounds great…but am listing it at half the price of an EX one

KIM WESTON — A THRILL A MOMENT — GORDY                                                                                EX            70

Nice copy. Drill hole in label.

LANDY McNEAL — COUNTING ON YOU BABY — COLUMBIA DEMO                                           VG+/EX                   25

Bit of an odd one, makes a noise for the first 10 seconds but I can’t see anything wrong with it — fine as soon as vocals come in — has the good B side too, Stand Up And Be Counted, VG++

LOU JOHNSON — UNSATISFIED — BIG TOP                                                                                            EX-           20

One or two non sounding marks, plays perfectly

PAULETTE & THE CUPIDS — HE’LL WAIT ON ME — PRISM DEMO                                             EX            75

Rare girl group dancer from Chicago.  Small writing on label (circle around centre hole)

THE ROYAL PREMIERS — WHO AM I WITHOUT YOUR LOVE — TOY DEMO                          EX            30

Nice doo-wop style dancer, and rare on a white demo

THE STAGEMASTERS — BABY I’M HERE JUST TO LOVE YOU — SLIDE                                     VG++      15

White and blue original with Chips promo sticker, plays absolutely perfect

SANDY WYNNS — THE TOUCH OF VENUS — CHAMPION                                                               EX-           50

East Coast original, vinyl copy, plays NM

SANDY WYNNS — LOVE BELONGS TO EVERYONE — CHAMPION DEMO                              VG++/EX 30

West Coast demo — one or two very minor background pops

SIDNEY BARNES — YOU’LL ALWAYS BE IN STYLE — RED BIRD DEMO                                    EX-           175 SOLD

Couple of tiny marks cause the faintest of background pops at the start, otherwise, beautiful

THE SPELLBINDERS — CHAIN REACTION — COLUMBIA                                                                 M-             25

All time classic

TONY MIDDLETON — MY HOME TOWN — ALFA DEMO                                                                  VG+/EX 25

A little crackle on the intro — tough white demo

TONY AMARO & THE CHARIOTS — HEY BABY / RUNNIN’ AROUND — LOMA DEMO       EX            40

Two uptempo dancers, light paper scuffs

THE TRUE TONES — HE’S GOT THE NERVE — JOSIE                                                                                           EX            30

Great underrated oldie

TOJO — BROKEN HEARTED LOVER — TEC                                                                                             EX            30

100 mph Wigan dancer

THE VOLCANOS — A LADY’S MAN / HELP WANTED — ARCTIC                                                   EX            35

Light blue label, blue text original — two monsters

THE VOLCANOS — HELP WANTED — ARCTIC                                                                                      VG++      20

First issue of this track Arctic 111

THE VOLCANOS — STORM WARNING — ARCTIC                                                                                 EX            20

Such a great record. Date written on label (June 1965)

WITCHES & THE WARLOCK — BEHIND LOCKED DOORS — SEW CITY DEMO                     VG++      30

Forgotten nowadays — but rare on a white demo

Edited by Pete S

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts