Ballads - Butterfly

Jaco

Dunno, but personally dont think its all that, 'I Wish I Knew' is far better cut by them, and under half the price...

I love the slower "I wish I knew" but are you saying you don't rate "Butterfly" Mal?

It's a stormer - kitchen sink job.

Edited by Jaco
Social source share

Got them both Mike, love them both, different in their own kinda way, what does Butterfli on Balja fetch these days ?

Kev

Never had either of them Kev, but just prefer the more uptempo "Butterfly".

It's pretty cheap on Balja - maybe £30-£40 I guess.

I asked when it might have got some action because it had the Mecca written all over it.

Knew you'd have 'em!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Have to agree with Mal and say I prefer "I wish I knew". Butterfli doesn't sound right to my ears, I got the Balja release it's a bit all over the place to be honest. I always thought "I wish I knew" worked better as a slow take. Each to their own :-)

Dave

Edited by Only Dreaming
Social source share

Whilst its been 'known' for years, it was Marco Santucci that really started giving it a push, its the funkyness of this particualar take that has endeared it to the dancers in the last couple of years...i like all the versions, but this particualar take is the best for current dancefloors & tastes...love it !!!

Best Russ

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Rod dearlove used to send me a few tapes of stuff he compiled back in the late 80s and the balja release was on one of them

Great track i love it and always worth playing at a chilled session or on the hifi at home

Lovely record as is wish i knew

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Never had either of them Kev, but just prefer the more uptempo "Butterfly".

It's pretty cheap on Balja - maybe £30-£40 I guess.

I asked when it might have got some action because it had the Mecca written all over it.

Knew you'd have 'em!

If i recall correctly it was played at the Mecca, no one seems to have mentioned the Music City version.....

Social source share

Think the Music City is the same as the Balja but harder to get

Different mixes. Both the Balja and Music City 45's were plated by the pressing plant the same day. I prefer the Music City mix. Craig Moerer has got 61 copies of the Music City 45 in stock at the moment at $50 each. He had big quantity of the Balja label release as well up until recently.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!