Frankie Beverley Price Please?

Go to solution Solved by Dave Pinch,

Great, cheers Dave, answered all.

And just to be sure, there are no black Gamble boots around?

Not unless someone has put a scan/copy label on a Bootleg/reissue/carver. This could be sold by the person doing the copying or someone who has previously got hold of a copy. I'm sure you've seen the other thread on this subject.

Cheers.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Does it not have a Frankford / Wayne stamp on both Sassy and Gamble? 

Only stamped on Sassy! If my memory serves me well, had both US issue And Italian Picture sleeve on Gamble but don't recall seeing stamps Defo on both Sassy Issues and Demo's!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember those Sassy copies becoming available around 1978 'cos I had one. They were cheap (like the Herbert Hunters). If they were turned up by the hundreds by Mr. Rushton, why are they commanding such a high price today? Daft question I suppose... :-)

Social source share

I remember those Sassy copies becoming available around 1978 'cos I had one. They were cheap (like the Herbert Hunters). If they were turned up by the hundreds by Mr. Rushton, why are they commanding such a high price today? Daft question I suppose... :-)

Hard to believe I know but the gamble issues also seem to be everywhere these days!! sold both the US copy and The Italian picture sleeve for around £300 to £350 last year Both M- :yes:

Social source share

Always liked that Steve!! I always thought it had a tri-centre though :g:

You probably thinking of the Spanish Lenny Curtis John. 

Had to sell it as needs must nowadays.  :facepalm:

Social source share

i dont think its worth any more than a gamble copy to be honest

Your probably right Dave but it is about 10 times rarer......and always a head-turner!

Social source share

This is at £270.00 right now with less than a day t go, will probably go over £300.00, looks in "reasonable" condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371238525493?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I guess the prices must be rising again I have had all four Sassy copies in mint condition best price £450 (on wdj with "love" B side) and both the U.S. & the Italian Picture sleeve Gamble copies minters also!! best price £350. The label doesn't look to good on that one but hey! It's demand at the time I guess.

Social source share

I hope not Neil or it'll add another two hundred for kindly adding his name to the label!! :lol:

And the flip is just titled "Love"

Dee Dee Sharp`s What Kind of Lady is another on the label, same again quite a rare one although seen more of those. Not had one to look at so I wouldn`t know if Mr Plomaritis is down as co author.

Social source share

And the flip is just titled "Love"

Dee Dee Sharp`s What Kind of Lady is another on the label, same again quite a rare one although seen more of those. Not had one to look at so I wouldn`t know if Mr Plomaritis is down as co author.

Thats interesting Steve I only wrote "love" as "b" side on my earlier quote because I was being lazy!! Must have caught it when I was in Greece :wicked:  :lol:

Social source share

Thats interesting Steve I only wrote "love" as "b" side on my earlier quote because I was being lazy!! Must have caught it when I was in Greece :wicked:  :lol:

Was that all you caught?  :unsure:

Social source share

There`s a Spanish Lenny Curtis on Ebay at the moment but it`s on a buy it now £680. A bit steep being as it`s got the centre kicked out and sticker marks.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!