News: Selma - Uk First Showing 6th February 2015

Mike

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Wow that looks like it's going to be something special, to say the least. Superb song as well, I for one can't wait.

John 

Social source share

Seen it its a good film well acted, unbelievable that it was only 50 odd years ago in a free country freemen and women with the right to vote were refused the right, the bravery of the people who stood up and marched in to police llines comes across in the film

The most moving moment of my life was being in memphis on the balcony where he was shot actually on the spot, it shocked me how much it got to me

Social source share

like Miff, I've been to the Lorraine Motel, and the MLK memorial in Atlanta, also sat in the Rosa Parks bus seat, totally humbling experiences, and the most ironic thing is I have American relatives and work colleagues who are totally ignorant of their "wonderful country's" history of just 50 years ago ! 

I'll definitely be shouting about SELMA 

alan

Social source share

I agree  it's a good film. It terms of entertainment it ticks all the boxes. There are some excellent performances, notably from the British cast members. Excellent cinematography and good direction,

As has been noted in the media there is some  controversy regarding historical accuracy. I agree with some of these points and there were some elements (fabrications, omissions, etc)  that I felt either detracted from the film or were unnecessary. How significant this is to  a large degree depends on how much one knows of the actual events. I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to mention  these here. It's probably best to let people make up their own mind.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert