TattooDave

Why Aren't These Girls Into Northern?

I'm not in the habit of watching American University Cheerleader type stuff, but after the University Challenge questions on Northern Soul (which I missed with being in Spain) I thought I'd look on YouTube to see if anyone had posted a clip of it, and after I typed in University, lots of options came up, and as I used to live in Minnesota, I decided that after not seeing the University Challenge footage (which isn't available to me in my location on catch-up) I'd check out what the girls were doing.  Don't rate the music, but boy can these girls spin, would love to see them on a dance floor, dancing to rare soul, but it's not going to happen. 

http://youtu.be/0jvfXMVKrUw

http://youtu.be/jcY1WB-vUHs

Obviously classically trained as is the following.....................but this is more my taste, got a bit of ooomphh!!!   :thumbup:  

Edited by CeeJay

Why aren't they into Northern?

Because "Northern' is just a contrived scene made up nowadays of middle-aged and even older men who do nothing but complain about everything, hark on forever about "the old days", and would tell even the prettiest of cheerleaders that what they're wearing is degrading or inappropriate...

Beyond that, yes, good question!

Obviously classically trained as is the following.....................but this is more my taste, got a bit of ooomphh!!!   :thumbup:  

I'm at the age when I'd sooner see University students dancing, although I am partial to a bit of tap.

Why aren't they into Northern?

Because "Northern' is just a contrived scene made up nowadays of middle-aged and even older men who do nothing but complain about everything, hark on forever about "the old days", and would tell even the prettiest of cheerleaders that what they're wearing is degrading or inappropriate...

Beyond that, yes, good question!

I certainly wouldn't tell a pretty cheerleader what they were wearing is degrading or inappropriate, I do however have to look away when I see women in leggings that should be covering up their un-shapely thighs, hips and backsides in something more demure.  I can remember the mini skirt and hot-pants wearing girls from my youth, and found neither fashion degrading or inappropriate.  Sooner that than track suited chavs, or head to toe black out with face grills so you have no idea whether the wearer is male, female, alien or all three.

In my experience I have very rarely (maybe never) met a girl who got interested  in northern soul or dcided on her own to attend nights  unless because of her boyfriend or her group of friends. Maybe it's a problem of modern times. I suppose people were more indipendent andfree to be eccentric in the 60's and 70's.

Please don't misinterpret my words I don't want to soung misogynous in anyway....

In my experience I have very rarely (maybe never) met a girl who got interested  in northern soul or dcided on her own to attend nights  unless because of her boyfriend or her group of friends. Maybe it's a problem of modern times. I suppose people were more indipendent andfree to be eccentric in the 60's and 70's.

Please don't misinterpret my words I don't want to soung misogynous in anyway....

I wouldn't dream of accusing you of misogyny as I have no idea what it is….. :huh:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.