Pete Eccles

After A New Buggy Anyone?

Pete

Sorry I somehow missed that you had started a thread when I started mine. I will redirect mine here.

But just to repeat my question. What is the deal with the crazy bids that people are making. Currently £156505.

I thought everything on eBay was a legally binding contract. :ohmy:

How does that work??!!

Pete

Sorry I somehow missed that you had started a thread when I started mine. I will redirect mine here.

But just to repeat my question. What is the deal with the crazy bids that people are making. Currently £156505.

I thought everything on eBay was a legally binding contract. :ohmy:

How does that work??!!

Yes the seller seems to be accepting the bids aren't serious, not sure how that works myself, unless a couple of mates are bidding it up with no intention of paying???

Yes the seller seems to be accepting the bids aren't serious, not sure how that works myself, unless a couple of mates are bidding it up with no intention of paying???

Wouldn't eBay still insist on their commission? Or mates would get black marks as non-payers. All a bit beyond what my brain can cope with this morning. But still interested if anyone else cares to comment.

Edited by MBarrett

Wouldn't eBay still insist on their commission? Or mates would get black marks as non-payers. All a bit beyond what my brain can cope with this morning. But still interested if anyone else cares to comment.

Like I said I'm not sure myself, and you would think there are rules to prevent messing about like this, he (the seller) is very funny though :D

Can a 'deal' be cancelled thus not incurring any fees whatsoever?

Edited by Pete60

Hush my mouth, he/ she has just been outbid and it's now on £1020, a fool and his money etc.

I'd forgotten all about this, just for those just reading it and wondering whats going on, at on point the bidding was in excess of 150k :ohmy:

It finishes tomorrow, and is now down to £375.02, I think it'll probably finish as less as more rats jump the sinking ship

I'm not sure it's folk withdrawing bids is it? Isn't there a penalty for that? I'm watching it now, in fact I'm surprised I didn't hit 'watch' when I first saw it

Now down to £355, and more bids retracted.  If you click on bids it'll show you the cancelled and retracted bids, I don't know if there's a penalty, I once put a comma instead of a full stop and my bid was put up as $19,990 on a Britain's circus elephant, I soon retracted that without any penalty

I'd be interested to know what the difference is in 'cancelled' and 'retracted'? Probably something obvious

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.