The Divine Chord Gospel Show Pt. 43 **best Of 2014** Mixcloud Link

Please join me on dublab.com, Wednesday 28th January @ 2pm US PST (10pm UK time), for the next installment of the Divine Chord Gospel Show pt. 43 **BEST OF 2014**....

To kick off 2015 in style, we're gonna recap some of the tunes that were personal favorites and sounded so great either on air or out in clubland in 2014. Sadly I won't be broadcasting live so I've produced a montage from previous shows, grabbing the tunes and segueing them into some kind of beautiful mess. Voice overs included. So please tune in and see if you agree with my picks. 2014 was our best year yet, and 2015 will be even better.....there's an overload of fresh tunes to bring you in the coming months and I for one, can't wait!

If you missed the last show, here's the archived mixcloud link;

Also, please feel free to explore and subscribe to our youtube channel featuring some of the choicest 45's to be played on the show. We've just surpassed our 200th video, so please check it out and subscribe here; 

And holding the fort this month flying solo for the 45's of Fury hour is my learned colleague Mr Andy Cobb. He'll be bringing you a trip through his collection, with a healthy dose of heavy hitting rare soul to excite your feet. Worth clearing a little floor space wherever you may be.....no doubt!

Set your e-dials for dublab.com and we'll see you there....cheers!
Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Greg, Just have to say how good these shows are. I don't know where you unearth these records from but I'm sure glad you do! Thanks for putting the shows together and sharing this terrific music.

Thanks so much for the kind words......glad you're into the show.....really appreciate your feedback and support. Apart from the 'Best of' broadcasts, no tracks are played twice so each session will be a fresh hour of music you might not have before. Looking forward to 2015!

Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Today's the day for the first broadcast of 2015.....join us in celebrating the best of what made 2014 great. See you at Dublab @ 2pm US PST/10pm UK GMT to find out pt. 43's runners and riders.

Used to have a WDJ of this, i believe it resides with Mr Thorley nowadays  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Used to have a WDJ of this, i believe it resides with Mr Thorley nowadays  :thumbsup:

I could be wrong Johnny, but I think big things are destined for this tune....the Plastic People club in London made this their last ever tune before they closed their doors for the last time recently. and Glastonbury last year went suitably bananas to it in 2014. Great tune for the dancefloor, no doubt!

Social source share

Here's the 43rd installment of The Divine Chord Gospel Show which appears monthly on dublab.com.

An hours worth of some of the tunes that either made it big into clubland, sounded awesome on the radio show, or have become personal favorites here at DCGS HQ. Each track has been plucked from the OG broadcast session, including voice overs, so you'll hear segues from each varying show thru the year. Assembling some kind of beautiful mess!

For part 1, we kick things off with a stunner from 11th District Choir, as well as featuring the Champ label by way of the Piney Grove Singers. The amazing Fantastic Shadows are featured twice for good reason!

Part 2 gives us the deep groove with killer cuts by The Invaders, The Vigilights, The Master Keys & Fantastic God's Creation. A clutch of jaw droppers.

For pt. 3, it's club land territory! Some are set to explode in 2015, no doubt. Check 'em out here first!
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!