South Durham Soul, Piercebridge, Sunday August 27th

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Guest SAFC-SOULBOY

Ditto, really looking forward to it. Not been that for north for a while, should I bring a coat in case it snows....... :D

You should be so lucky mate....It's normally too cold to snow up here :thumbsup::lol:

• Replies 68
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest THE BRIGADIER

By lad, I'm lucky to get on here coz you know our lass lives on soul-source. So I've managed to hog five minutes while the Whitby one washes the little un.

Anyway. as usual can't wait for tomorrow. Was practising my beer techique last night at the Orwell, so I'll be on fine form tomorrow :thumbsup:

Laters, Harry.

Late nite driking still aloud for residants Bri, as long as we stop down the bottom end of the hotel so that they can get the bar cleaned up.

Guest Neil Taylor

Ey up Neil!

What a night we all had at the soul barn in Sedburgh....the best niter this year bar none!

See you at Lifeline, if not, see you all at Piercebridge for another top gathering of soulies

cheers

Paul :thumbsup:

can`t make the lifeline niter mate,so i`ll see you at the george,sorting out the tunes for the early spot.having a vodka or two and making a fuss of the WIFE....neil.
Guest billinghamsoulboy

well packing our bags ready to set sail for piercebrige was hoping to get there early get some drinking done but the wife has to work 10 -12 30 now but we are only in billingham

HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED THINKING ABOUT WHAT'S GOING IN THE PLAY BOX FOR SUNDAY YET,BUT YEAH AGREE WITH NEIL JONES,CONTINENTAL SHOWSTOPPERS"NOT TOO YOUNG"IS A POSSIBILITY,NINA SIMONE"TOUCHING AND CARING"THANKS FOR THE TIP BAZ,ABSOLUTELY BOUNCES ALONG,SHIRLEY KAROL,OH YESS,ALL I NEED IS A SPARE COUPLE OF HOURS TO SORT 'EM ALL OUT,DECISIONS,DECISIONS :thumbsup:

Mick

I know what your gonna play.................Deep disco from the queen of North Manchester :wicked::unsure: ...Really wish i was in the car with you mate,not missed one of these nights yet :unsure: ...Great venue and good folk.Would be good to see Mr Taylor behind the decks too :wicked: ..Have a good one boys...

steve

Guest Marcelle

HAVE A SUPER NIGHT .... thumbsup.gif

watch out for the stairs they have a mind of thier own about 11ish :(

in fact they are a masterpiece as im sure they move in time to the music ... :(

Marcelle & Chris xx

HAVE A SUPER NIGHT .... thumbsup.gif

watch out for the stairs they have a mind of thier own about 11ish :(

in fact they are a masterpiece as im sure they move in time to the music ... :(

Marcelle & Chris xx

Thanks for the kind words Marcelle. Really hope that Wigan is a success too.

I'll try not to scare too many people tonight :(:D

Kirstyx

I know what your gonna play.................Deep disco from the queen of North Manchester :(:( ...Really wish i was in the car with you mate,not missed one of these nights yet :D ...Great venue and good folk.Would be good to see Mr Taylor behind the decks too :( ..Have a good one boys...

steve

Nope,leave all the deep disco to Mark Baildon,have a good 'un at wigan mate,setting off in a couple of hours,will post playlist over the next few days,who knows might even do a look back review thumbsup.gif

Mick

Hi,

For anybody who might be interested, here's my playlist from last night.

It was an excellent night, and great fun spinning a few sounds. Well done Harry, and also to everyone involved in running the event.

Precisions - I Wanna Tell My Baby - D-Town

Dianne Lewis - I Play For Keeps - Unissued

Cautions - No Other Way - Shrine

Carletts - I'm Getting Tired - Capitol

Ty Karim - Lighten Up Baby - Car-A-Mel

Gentlemen Four - You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - Wand

Demures - Raining Teardrops - Brunswick

Kings Of Soul - Is Your Love For Me - Down To Earth

Honey Bees - Never In A Million Years - Garrison

Shirelles - Groovy Guy - Unissued

Nat T. Jones - Moving Forward - Goliath

Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

Leroy Barbour - I Ain't Going Nowhere - Frontiersman

Buddy Miles - I'm Just A Kiss Away - Columbia

Grant Smith & The Power - Thinking About You - MGM

Soul Shakers - I'm Getting Weaker - Loma

De-Lites - Lover - Cuppy

Rita & The Tiaras - Gone With The Wind Is My Love - Dore

Brand New Faces - Brand New Faces - Lujuna

Counts - Peaches Baby - Shrine

Thanks again for inviting me on to play a set for you.

Cheers,

Peter

Had another top night. Got far too drunk though, as you will be able to tell when I have posted up my photos.

Hope Mick had a good birthday & has recovered from his roly poly strippergram, I'll put the photos of her up just in case you've forgotten how nice she was :)

Hello to all the new people I met last night, never knew so many people read soul source.

Thanks to Nev for the great company, I think you won the talc throwing contest :)

Thanks to Ewan for helping me out of the car park this morning, if you hadnt I'm sure The George would be minus a gate :)

Kirstyx

Guest THE BRIGADIER

Hi,

For anybody who might be interested, here's my playlist from last night.

It was an excellent night, and great fun spinning a few sounds. Well done Harry, and also to everyone involved in running the event.

Precisions - I Wanna Tell My Baby - D-Town

Dianne Lewis - I Play For Keeps - Unissued

Cautions - No Other Way - Shrine

Carletts - I'm Getting Tired - Capitol

Ty Karim - Lighten Up Baby - Car-A-Mel

Gentlemen Four - You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - Wand

Demures - Raining Teardrops - Brunswick

Kings Of Soul - Is Your Love For Me - Down To Earth

Honey Bees - Never In A Million Years - Garrison

Shirelles - Groovy Guy - Unissued

Nat T. Jones - Moving Forward - Goliath

Natural Four - Hanging On To A Lie - Boola Boola

Leroy Barbour - I Ain't Going Nowhere - Frontiersman

Buddy Miles - I'm Just A Kiss Away - Columbia

Grant Smith & The Power - Thinking About You - MGM

Soul Shakers - I'm Getting Weaker - Loma

De-Lites - Lover - Cuppy

Rita & The Tiaras - Gone With The Wind Is My Love - Dore

Brand New Faces - Brand New Faces - Lujuna

Counts - Peaches Baby - Shrine

Thanks again for inviting me on to play a set for you.

Cheers,

Peter

A HUGE thank you to everyone who ventured to Piercebridge last nite- great crowd considering other nites that were on. A big thank you to Peter for stepping in as a replacement at the last minute.

Thanks to all the DJ's once again coming up with quality tunes all nite in both rooms (feedback so far, everyone had a very good nite), Kirsty -you're a diamond helping Plum on the door AGAIN, Ewan and Mick Howard thanks for helping out with the promoting and other things.

Roll on our 1st Anniversary do on October 21st

Looking forward to the Burnley Niter this Friday. C u there.

Harry

October_21st_anniversary_flyer.jpg(post-

A great day indeed :) We stayed right to the very last record and enjoyed every minute of it. Our first visit and certainly won't be our last. Already working on what records to bring along to the Anniversary. Thanks to all for the fantastic hospitality. see you all in October.

John & Dian

A HUGE thank you to everyone who ventured to Piercebridge last nite- great crowd considering other nites that were on. A big thank you to Peter for stepping in as a replacement at the last minute.

Thanks to all the DJ's once again coming up with quality tunes all nite in both rooms (feedback so far, everyone had a very good nite), Kirsty -you're a diamond helping Plum on the door AGAIN, Ewan and Mick Howard thanks for helping out with the promoting and other things.

Roll on our 1st Anniversary do on October 21st

Looking forward to the Burnley Niter this Friday. C u there.

Harry

"Top Night" again Harry, always enjoy it, you are doing a great job :lol: - Looking forward to the next one........ see if you can get the floor polish out for then :thumbsup::huh: - Cheers.

Al

Guest Neil Taylor

I know what your gonna play.................Deep disco from the queen of North Manchester :thumbsup::lol: ...Really wish i was in the car with you mate,not missed one of these nights yet :lol: ...Great venue and good folk.Would be good to see Mr Taylor behind the decks too :huh: ..Have a good one boys...

steve

hi mate,i kicked the spot off with HARLEM and then dropped it into a nice 6ts uptempo groove....good feedback from all concerned...neil.
Guest THE BRIGADIER

hi mate,i kicked the spot off with HARLEM and then dropped it into a nice 6ts uptempo groove....good feedback from all concerned...neil.

Top tunes right through your set, gonna get top of the nite spot soon.. WELL DONE!! :thumbsup:

Harry

Guest billinghamsoulboy

well wat a fantastic night our first visit and wont be our last esp. as we only live in bloody billingham no excuse for not coming,excellant atmos and music keep up the good work everyone,and the carvery was A1 :D

Guest Neil Taylor

Top tunes right through your set, gonna get top of the nite spot soon.. WELL DONE!! :D

Harry

cheers harry,i enjoyed doing it from start to finish....after sex,its the next best buzz....neil.