Mary Clayton - Isolated Vocal Etc

I was reading open culture earlier (which is a great resource) and I came across this little article which was very interesting if you're a Stones / Soul Fan. Anyway it reminded me of another amazing item on the web, MC's isolated vocal!!! 

Many may have heard it before, but its just spine tingling! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck every time without fail. Added to that, she's one Kool Kat!

On a more tragic note, I never realised the loss of her unborn child was, in a round-about way, blamed on her participation in this recording session - basically because she gave it so much welly! 

Article here -https://www.openculture.com/2013/06/mick_jagger_tells_the_story_behind_gimme_shelter.html

THE VOICE!

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest MBarrett

Being a bit picky but she's Merry Clayton not Mary.

For some reason I remember her most for being in one of the stage versions of Tommy that they put on before they made the film. I think they did it with 2 different casts and she was the Acid Queen in one of them. Sorry if my brain is a bit scrambled here. It was something along those lines anyway.    

(Edit: I think in retrospect she did both stage versions and Tina Turner played the part in the film. Whatever)

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!