daved

Adrian Chiles & Andy Townsend Axed From Itv

No reasons given yet. I don't mind Adrian but Andy was the most irritating pundit/co-commentator in football. He didn't seem to know what was going on half the time. He made some of the sideline Dad's in kids football seem informed.

Football coverage really was amateur hour with those two. Roy Keane always gave the impression he just wanted to reach out and twat Chiles every time they appeared together. Probably just the thought of another easy pay cheque that stopped him.

I like Chiles. He was very amusing when he was on the Beeb, and was obviously very popular, that's why ITV did their usual trick of offering him loads of dosh to jump ship. You can't blame him for accepting the money.

I can't do with Townsend myself, but then I hate the way ITV does football anyway.

Edited by Quinvy

Are there other presenters who work for ITV AND BBC.

Been wondering for a while how come he was still working for ITV AND then suddenly presenting 5 Live's flagship mid-morning show at the same time??!!. 

I like Chiles. He was very amusing when he was on the Beeb, and was obviously very popular, that's why ITV did their usual trick of offering him loads of dosh to jump ship. You can't blame him for accepting the money.

I can't do with Townsend myself, but then I hate the way ITV does football anyway.

Didn't mind Chiles too much on BBC but as said these two been awful doing Football on ITV.  ITV is pretty crap covering sports in general I think.  BBC have had the FA cup back just a few months and already created a buzz.  It's probably the best thing happened to this cup for a long time.  MOTD, snooker coverage and Wimbledon superb, BBC have the know how for doing sports that ITV lacks IMO 

Didn't mind Chiles too much on BBC but as said these two been awful doing Football on ITV.  ITV is pretty crap covering sports in general I think.  BBC have had the FA cup back just a few months and already created a buzz.  It's probably the best thing happened to this cup for a long time.  MOTD, snooker coverage and Wimbledon superb, BBC have the know how for doing sports that ITV lacks IMO 

I have to agree about the beeb and what they have done with the cup.  It has put the "romance' back into it.  Even the draw is something to look forward to again.

I have to agree about the beeb and what they have done with the cup.  It has put the "romance' back into it.  Even the draw is something to look forward to again.

And no bloody adverts. Hurrah!

Except for darts, Tony Green is unbearable along with that MOTD 2 reject.

Edited by Paddywack

I know he is at Sky, but Alan Smith winds me up. Dull, lifeless and very little to say. I watch a fair bit of Conference football on BT Sport, the way they do it is excellent. Feels fresh.

I know he is at Sky, but Alan Smith winds me up. Dull, lifeless and very little to say. I watch a fair bit of Conference football on BT Sport, the way they do it is excellent. Feels fresh.

What??? Alan Smith, met him in Cyprus, lovely fella. If you come from South London his dulcet tones are quite re-assuring  :lol:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.