Youtube

Just wondering if you have failed to find a track on YouTube

I know unissued stuff will be missing (not all though)

Even the unissued shrine tapes were up for a while I but can only find the lower one now

Anyway the two tracks that I failed to find were

Job opening part 2 Del larks     and      Im A Lonely Man The Dynamics

GOD BLESS YOUTUBE

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Around six years ago a track by the Del Royals - Some Kinda Wonderful - was on YouTube. Shortly after seeing it and playing it off the tube it disapeared!!! Google it now and at the top of the page is a link to my post on here raving over what a great tune it is.

Never understood why it went off YT? Anyone able to post it up in some other format please? Awesome tune IMHO.

Regards.

Drew.

Social source share

It's an almost bottomless pit, just like collecting the damn records.  I believe just as there will always be something missing from the collection, there will likewise be records missing from youtube, for various reasons.  I think youtube is great and post, very infrequently, on there often finding that a lot of these records haven't been posted previously.  It would be fair to assume that some of the rarer or more obscure records are generally less likely to be posted but more surisingly to me is that plenty of the cheap, freely available discs don't find their way onto youtube either.  Perhaps they get passed over in favour of the more popular, in some cases higher value sounds.  I also think a lot of folk tend to post the same old same old cos it's still going earn kudos and get lot's of hits......if that's your thing.  For my part many of my records weren't, at least at the time of posting them, duplicated on there, although they probably are now. They are/were always completely random picks with no effort made to cherry pick from whichever part of my collection is around the turntable at the time (this is mainly because there are no "cherries" to pick out in my collection).  I reckon if I were to actually make an effort to post videos more frequently and try to select things that hadn't already been posted I would still easily be able to keep going doing just that for years.......there's just so much music on vinyl out there.

Social source share

Youtube is fab...one of the best inventions ever....love it and always on it

It is great to hear something you don't know but I'm not interested in the videos which are most of the time frankly terrible, I just want to listen and the old refosoul hasn't been replaced.  The quality of a lot of the music in the videos leaves a lot to be desired too.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Debonettes I wanna be loved not on you tube Hate all the vids from venues of people dancing . Nowhere is sacred from this pervasive pastime even Lifeline isnt exempt.

I have an intense dislike of whats happening to the scene and its so frustrating that there is sod all I can do about it .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I get frustrated when the wrong mix of a record gets put up especially with LP tracks

This happens all too frequently, the recording on the actual pressed record is not on You-Tube, but an alternative take is.  There are very many common records whose cuts are not up on You-Tube, in addition to many slightly rare records and some very rare ones, as well.  Still, it's a great resource to hear hundreds of thousands of songs.  Many of those missing have been on before, and will be again, until they are taken down once more.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Ward

The Bang Gang - Who said Honkys aint got soul - On Midget, is hard to find, but I'm the only person daft enough to search for it !

Social source share

Just wondering if you have failed to find a track on YouTube

I know unissued stuff will be missing (not all though)

Even the unissued shrine tapes were up for a while I but can only find the lower one now

Anyway the two tracks that I failed to find were

Job opening part 2 Del larks     and      Im A Lonely Man The Dynamics

GOD BLESS YOUTUBE

Job Opening Part 2 (and Part 1) clip on my site here > https://www.soulstacks.com/shop/del-larks-job-opening-part-1job-opening-part-2-queen-city-ex/

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!