Tamla Motown Experts

Denbo

Guest johnny hart

Hi Denbo,Best Book;  Tamla Motown,The stories behind  UK singles by  terry wilson includes release dates us and uk,tmg Nos, Aand B sides artist &producers,thiais the best for seriou anoraks with acute O,C.D. Ex UK Motown staffer Sharon Davis has written 6 books onthe subject the best Motown ahistory. the subject is endless I could write abook about the books.Just google it and youll be busy for eternity1

Social source share

Hi Den,

"Calling out around the world" A Motown reader edited by Kingsley Abbott published 2001

Has cat numbers for the early stuff as well with both A and B sides including London American, Fontana, Oriole and Stateside the early TMG's and the EP's and albums

one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Calling-Out-Around-World-Odyssey/dp/1900924145/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422198013&sr=1-1&keywords=calling+out+around+the+world+a+motown+reader

Kev

Social source share

Hi Den,

"Calling out around the world" A Motown reader edited by Kingsley Abbott published 2001

Has cat numbers for the early stuff as well with both A and B sides including London American, Fontana, Oriole and Stateside the early TMG's and the EP's and albums

one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Calling-Out-Around-World-Odyssey/dp/1900924145/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422198013&sr=1-1&keywords=calling+out+around+the+world+a+motown+reader

Kev

Thanks Kev, I'll take a look at that.

Social source share

Hi Denbo,Best Book;  Tamla Motown,The stories behind  UK singles by  terry wilson includes release dates us and uk,tmg Nos, Aand B sides artist &producers,thiais the best for seriou anoraks with acute O,C.D. Ex UK Motown staffer Sharon Davis has written 6 books onthe subject the best Motown ahistory. the subject is endless I could write abook about the books.Just google it and youll be busy for eternity1

Thanks Conchitta, I'll look into that. Sounds interesting. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I appreciate all the links I'm receiving regarding my quest, I really do, all of which I will follow up on and read. But I feel I need to reiterate the following;
This is REALLY nerdy stuff I'm talking about here. More to do with British label design stuff and font styles used than discographies, artists, producers, arrangements, etc.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I appreciate all the links I'm receiving regarding my quest, I really do, all of which I will follow up on and read. But I feel I need to reiterate the following;

This is REALLY nerdy stuff I'm talking about here. More to do with British label design stuff and font styles used than discographies, artists, producers, arrangements, etc.

https://www.45cat.com/label/tamla-motown

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!