Flanny's Mixcloud

Flanny

Guest Ivor Jones

Flanny….Nice one !.Some memory jerkers there for sure !  That Johnny Gilliam [J.G.Lewis] I always thought was a bit pony,bought at the time but never went with it, but I have to say now that it sounds rather good to me. Not his best song for sure but his voice on all his records just gets me every time. Really, really distinctive vocals. That Ron Preyor 45 is a big fave of mine for the other side, "Baltimore",astonishing sophisticated 70s Blaxpoitation business. Still really cheap too ! Just how we like em' ! Las Vegas connection too…Nice ! It aint all about the price tag….

Speak soon, Ivor 

Social source share

Flanny….Nice one !.Some memory jerkers there for sure !  That Johnny Gilliam [J.G.Lewis] I always thought was a bit pony,bought at the time but never went with it, but I have to say now that it sounds rather good to me. Not his best song for sure but his voice on all his records just gets me every time. Really, really distinctive vocals. That Ron Preyor 45 is a big fave of mine for the other side, "Baltimore",astonishing sophisticated 70s Blaxpoitation business. Still really cheap too ! Just how we like em' ! Las Vegas connection too…Nice ! It aint all about the price tag….

Speak soon, Ivor 

Totally agree Ivor, love that inner city feel. Always like to play that with Jaison ' I know what love is' on combrio. They just seem to fit.

Great selection Brian.

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!