One Off Allnighter In Litchfield, Staffs

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Just reading Steve's review of Wigan in the early 80s and it reminded me of a one off niter held in a leisure centre in Litchfield, in the early 80s. I'm thinking just before Stafford started??

I remember the first DJ on played an hour of Motown, and Richard Domar was sat by the front door with a massive box of records for sale, so big that it was almost impossible to get into the room.

My mates pulled my leg because I danced to This Old Heart Of Mine (we were young and just discoveing exclusivity). Fortunately it is one of the greatet pieces of soul ever put onto vinyl, so the leg pulling didnt last long.

Anyone else on here go to that night? I think Gary Rushbrook and Ady Pountain might have been on the bill.

Maybe someone has a better memory than me...actually I'm sure you all do, so any help would be appreciated. ph34r.gif

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

==

i remember a niter at burntwood ,,remember it well as its the only niter ive ever hitched to

wish id never bothered it was awful...sorry neil...

must have been 85/86 ish?

Social source share

Might not have been mine...

There was one in the 80's which I did do, and some locals came in and caused trouble.

I ended up smacking one of them and knocked him over a table. I then spent the next 6 months in mortal fear and watching my back in Burntwood - turned out he was a local bouncer!

Happy days....

Social source share

There was one in the 80's which I did do, and some locals came in and caused trouble.

I ended up smacking one of them and knocked him over a table. I then spent the next 6 months in mortal fear and watching my back in Burntwood - turned out he was a local bouncer!

Happy days....

I remeber the one you did, Richard Searling was on, the place was packed and he told me what the Rose Valentine was, but was in such a mess, within an hour had forgotten. Went back to him, he smiled and said you get one chance. Bugger whistling.gif

Social source share

Happy days....

===

i hope it wasnt mate,,just remember this one i went being really hostile and some one did get in a fight...

im sure guy wa s o n the night i went...when he playing betty obrien and the like out..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert