Vee Gees, Pazazz, Terry Callier, Benny Clark, Carmelita + Many More

Karlm

PM to reserve!

For soundfiles, payment info, postage costs, gradings etc view the list via:

https://karlmarthon.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/january-2015-record-sales/

Modern Soul/Disco/2 step 45’s

Pazazz - So hard to find / The right one - In-Roads / EX/EX / £350 (Banging modern soul dancers. As new copy complete with the pic sleeve cover.)

Ray Mitchell Explosion - Super-town / I just can’t see - Appleray / EX / £250 (Gangster boy part two! Not as rare and not as good, but both rare and good.)

Visions of Tomorrow - Galaxy - Future Now / EX / £150 (Very cool, and rare, semi instrumental disco/modern soul dancer.)

Powerhouse - Come into my world / You turn me on - Daystar / EX / £125 (Lovely double header. Intense midtempo dancer backed with a more funky modern soul outing. Two small issues with this copy - CIMW side has a little label tear around one edge. Vinyl looks great but there’s a couple of weak and barely noticable pops on the  same side, nothing major but should be mentioned.)

Pioneers - My good friend James - Ice / EX / £100 (Cheeky modern soul dancer with double entendre lyrics. First label before Mercury, complete with company sleeve.)

Sundown - Spaced outta place - Parkside / EX / £100 (The faster version of this early Amp Fiddler release. Very hard to find in this clean condition.)

Shirley Thomas - Life - 10-Ya Tenya / EX / £70 (Suggestive 1986 lo-fi modern soul indemander.)

Pick Of The Litter - Runnin' to the disco / The many sides of love - Mason / VG+ / £70 (Superb spacey disco, later re-made and released on a 12 inch as “The heat is on”. Flipside is classy mellow/sweet 70s soul. Record looks clean but plays with a little distortion, likely to be the pressing.)

Spirit of Love - The power of your love - Birthright / EX / £60 (Indemand Gospel modern soul banger.)

Muscle Shoals Horns - Addicted to your love - Ariola America / EX / £45 (Superb two stepper which is quite hard to find on 45. Labels are reversed, comes in company sleeve.)

Catalinas - Dancin’ - romancin’ - The Catalinas / EX / £45 (Ignore the title, and artist. This is a superb feel good modern soul dancer.)

K. McArthur - Give me your love - Sagittarius / EX / £40 (Rare Boston, Mass. modern soul dancer.)

Philadelphia Story - Gotta get back / People users - H&L / EX / £30 (Hard to find issue with the excellent Philly soul dancer “Gotta get back”. Comes in company sleeve.)

Love Committee - I made a mistake - Mca / EX / £12 (Popular modern/disco dancer. Usually seen on T-Electric this one is on Mca.)

Johnny White & the Elite Band - You - Elite / EX / £10 (1985 boogie dancer on this T-Jaye distributed label.)

Gwen McCrae - Funky sensation - Atlantic / VG+ / £10 (Classic! Inaudible jukebox swirl on flip, comes with jukebox sticker. Plays well.)

Persuasions - One thing on my mind - A&M / EX / £6 (Cool looking white promo copy of this classic floater sound. Issues are styrene but this one is vinyl.)

Mass Production - Magic / Welcome to our world (Of merry music) - Cotillion / EX / £6 (Two banging modern soul/funky disco dancers. “Magic” is only being found on 45 on this UK release.)

Kwick - Nightlife - EMI America / EX / £5 (Popular boogie, complete with company sleeve. B-side has sticker.)

Manhattans - Crazy - Columbia / VG+ / £5 (Not rare but a great boogie dancer. Inaudible jukebox swirl on flipside.)

Latimore - Sweet vibrations / Somethin’ ‘bout ‘cha - Glades / VG / £5 (Classic double header, two step backed with a midtempo modern soul dancer. Record has jukebox swirl and an overall dull look but plays well. Comes with jukebox strip.)

Northern/Crossover/Ballad 45’s

Vee Gees - Talkin - Jump Off / EX / £400 (Super clean copy of this classic Detroit crossover rarity.)

Carmelita - Isn’t it lonely / Rosebud - Carmen / EX / £275 (Superb LA crossover. Silver/pink label, vinyl not styrene.)

Dewey Jeffries - When no one cared - Gary-Dew / EX / £225 (1972 jazzy crossover dancer. Great and rare.)

Uptights Band - Mirrors don’t ever lie - Uptight / EX / £150 (Lovely LA slowie. Such a hard one to find in this clean condition.)

Prince Geno and the Tailormades - Brand new man with a master plan - Aladdin / EX / £100 (Washington, D.C. 1974 release, soul with a funky blaxplo edge)

Unique Blend - Mommy & daddy / Does he treat you better - Eastbound / EX / £100 (White demo of this sweet soul double header. Very hard to find in this clean condition.)

Hank Jacobs and Don Malone — The world needs changin’ — Call Me / VG+ / £80 (Obscure and great 70’s soul with a message. Recently comped by Ace. Just shy of EX with a few light superficial marks, plays well.)

James Bynum - We are in need - E.B.C. / EX / £80 (Absolutely sublime and very soulful slowie. Rare one out of Atlanta. Sold for £100 recently.)

Al Miller - Let’s get away from it all / Trust is a must - Golden Wheels / EX / £70 (Two superb slowies on a dog rare 45. Water damaged label, also has some faded writing. Same label as Pierre Hunt.)

Free Youth - You take too much time to change - TMI / EX / £60 (Hard midtempo only found on issue copies. Complete with the cool looking company sleeve.)

Mighty Majors - You can never go back / The majors boogie - Bandit / EX / £60 (Rare and great sweet soul with a spacey sound. Funky flipside.)

Benny Clark’s Blues Band - Lasting love - Fair Play / EX / £60 (Rare and great crossover on the same LA label as the Justice Department 45.)

Jones Brothers - Good old days - Avi / EX / £50 (Excellent crossover sharing the backing with the ultra rare version on the United Artists label.)

Lost Souls - I’m your love, man - Glasco / EX / £45 (Their second seldom seen Glasco 45, a good group vocal northern soul dancer.)

City Limitz - First love - Virtue / EX / £45 (In-vogue, indemand dancer with funky undertones. White demo copy.)

Jimmy Jones — Yesterday’s mistakes — Twinight / VG+ / £30 (White promo copy, writing on label. Some light marks, plays ok.)

Cornelius & Carol - So I can love you - Entertainment Enterprises/ EX / £25 (Very soulful duet slowie out of South Carolina.)

Johnny Otis Show feat. Barbara Morrison - Hey boy! I want ya’ - Jazz World / EX / £20 (A bit underlooked midtempo dancer that sounds the business 3 am on any dancefloor.)

Denise Chandler - Love is tears - Lock / VG+ / £15 (Lovely Chicago double header. Vinyl is clean but look cloudy due to teflon treatment.)

Young Hearts - Count down (Here I come) - Minit / VG+ / £10 (Vinyl DJ copy of this nice northern soul dancer.)

Willie Tee - I’d give it to you / Look out world - United Artist / EX / £10 (Rare issue copy with two decent sides of his Anticipation album. Sadly not as good as his Gatur output but likely rarer than most of it.)

Four Tempos - Come on home - Rampart / EX / £10 (Miracles soundalike out of LA.)

Main Ingredient - Looks like rain / California my way - Rca / EX / £8 (Two classics off the Euphraties River album.)

Marvin Gaye - Come get to this - Tamla / VG+ / £5 (Essential dancer. Old jukebox copy, plays well.)

Soul Albums

Danny Dee - Movin' in - Harper / EX/EX / £250 (The super rare release of the Lil Albert album. Killer midtempo tracks in "Outrageous", "Who do the voodoo", "My girl Friday". And my fave, the stepper-ish "Movin' in". Super clean vinyl, sleeve in shrink. A far lesser condition copy sold on eBay a few days ago at $511.)

Willie & the Mighty Magnificents - Very soulful - All Platinum / EX/EX / £200 (Super rare album! With a superior group version of Willie & West’s “Get away from me girl”. Cover is weak side of EX with a little light fraying on top edge.)

Superior Elevation - Get it don’t stop - Black Satin / S/S / £200 (Still sealed copy of this rare 1982 album. Including the mellow dancer “Don’t let go babe”, the two stepper “(It was) September” + a bunch of boogie/funk numbers.)

Terry Callier - The new folk sound of… - Prestige / VG+/EX / £145 (The classic debut album. Blue label first press. Cover has small cut out hole, vinyl is clean and plays well but there’s a couple of sleeve marks so just shy of EX.)

Syl Johnson - Googie goodie good times - Shama/P-Vine / EX/EX / £50 (1979 Japanese compilation album with recordings, released and previously unreleased, for the Chicago Shama label. This is the original release of “All I need is someone like you” which uses the Nate Evans “Main Squeeze” backing. Complete with OBI slip and insert.)

Estiban - L.A. walk - EL / EX/EX / £40 (Obscure Canadian release with the Bill Wither-ish “A star in the ghetto” and the dancer “Come to me”.)

James Polk & Co - You know the feeling - Trilogy / S/S / £35 (Perfect sealed copy! “My sun” + “You know the feeling” superb modern soul with a fusion feel.)

Rotary Connection - Hey love - Cadet Concept / EX/VG+ / £35 (“I am the blackgold of the sun”. Lower mid seam split.)

Rufus Lumley - s/t - Rca / EX/EX / £25 (1968 album with the album only northern dancer “Stronger than me”.)

High Fashion - Feelin’ lucky - Capitol / EX/EX / £15 (Classic 80’s album filled with boogie dancers and the 2 stepper “I want to be your everything”.)

High Fashion - Make up your mind - Capitol / EX/EX / £15 (Their 1983 follow up.  More boogie and a stepper in “Just a little more love”. Cut out hole.)

Kwick - To the point - EMI America / EX/EX / £15 (With the boogie banger “Nightlife” and the steppers “You are the star of my show” and “We’re saying goodbye again”. Cut out hole.)

Kwick - s/t - EMI America / EX/EX / £8 (Their 1980 debut album with the excellent 2 step track “Let this moment be forever”.)

Jazz Albums

Johnny Griffin - Lady heavy bottom's waltz - Vogue / VG+/EX / £90 (1969 German original. Complete with company inner sleeve. Vinyl has some light marks but plays well.)

Jerome Richardson - Going to the movies - United Artist Jazz / EX/VG / £50 (Classic jazz dance in "No problem". Mono copy. Cover looks good but both parts of the upper and lower seams suffers from partial splits.)

Craig Harris - Aboriginal affairs - India Navigation / EX/EX / £35 (Spiritual jazz album with "Dijiribludu".)

Marva Josie - This is... - Thimble / EX/EX / £25 ("He does it better" - classic vocal jazz. Cover still in shrink but has cut corner.)

Roy Brooks - The free slave - Muse / EX/EX / £25 (One of the more collectible titles on this label, both rare and good.)

Irene Kral - Kral space - Catalyst / EX/EX / £20 (Superb vocal jazz, with "Wheelers and dealers" etc.)

Jazz 45’s

Bill Henderson - Senor blues - Blue Note / VG+ / £60 (The indemand vocal version of the Horace Silver classic. Vinyl looks a little dull but plays well.)

Billy Taylor with Four Flutes - Koolbongo - Riverside / VG+ / £45 (Best song of album with the same name as the artist.)

Ornette Coleman - Man on the moon - Impulse / EX / £45 (White demo copy of this superb indemander.)

Billy Ver Planck Orchestra - Senor Blues - Savoy / VG+ /£30 (Superb suggestive version on a very rare 45. Promo stamp on label. Vinyl has a few light sleeve marks, plays well.)

Teddy Edwards - Nothin' but the truth - Prestige / EX / £25 (1967 jazz dancer which is rare on 45. Promo copy with two X written on label with thin ballpoint pen.)

Chico Hamilton - Forest flowers Pt. 1 / Pt. 2 - Impulse / EX / £10 (White demo copy.)

Edited by KarlM
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!