The Devil Made Me Do It

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Reminds me of our locals' Miserable Landlord. He's got a real heavy South Yorkshire accent with a blocked nose.

When he was reading out the answers to the quiz:

"Question 17: Who sang 'If You Leave Me Now' Answer is Chick A Go"

The whole pub pissed themselves and he got the right hump!! LOL

Let us know if you get a reply!!

Jamie

Social source share

Just emailed the seller of this 45 the following question...

"Are you on medication?"

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4049642351&rd=1

WOOF!

link

Heres his reply to a mates query about a five star 45...

RE: Question for item #4049678029 - NORTHERN SOUL*5 Star *Rain Or Shine

To enlighten you on the term, below is an explanation. Also anything north of the mason dixie line in the U.S. by black artists that sing soul in the 4x4 tempo can be referred to as Northern Soul. As I said in my previous email if you know, Fine. If you didn't, now you do.

What is Northern soul?

Northern Soul is as British as fish & chips - at least the name is. The music itself was produced in the USA between 1960 and 1975, although most of the classic stuff dates from the mid to late 60s. The phrase Northern Soul was coined in the early seventies by a journalist to describe the popularity of 1960s American soul music in the North of England at the time. The roots of the music can be traced back to the 19........

Social source share

and more :o

"You asked:

"What kind of drugs are you taking ? Northern Soul ...are you seriously taking the p***"

You seem like a purist. The phrase Northern Soul came from A journalist originally. Do you believe everything you read in the Sun. "

Amazing....

I suggest everyone on here who has a couple of spare minute ask him a couple of questions about Northern Soul....

Since he's such an expert.

WOOF!

Social source share

Oh my goodness - Mr Dog - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1) The Pixie in me wants to ask him loads of NS questions just so we can dedicate a whole page to him but

2) You've brought back terrible '80s flashes. That man owns the worst record collection in the whole world - Modern Romance, Toto, Johnny Hates Jazz, Robbie Nevil, Go West - i feel faint.

My favourite of his "NORTHERN SOUL" records has to be Righteous Brothers 'Unchained Melody' and that killer Northern Soul ballad by Phyllis Nelson. :):) chortle chortle

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Was ribbed mercilessly by mates, going to a football match one evening. (I'm so scarred I remember it all so well. Home to Brentford in a monsoon) the Dj on radio one (I wasnt driving, played 'Brother Beyond - The Harder I Try', and read some quote from Pete Waterman about Brother Beyond being 'Northern Soul' for the eighties.

For years they used to sing that ###ing record to me.

Oh yeah and we got beat. :)

Social source share

For years they used to sing that ###ing record to me.

Thanks Mikey - everyone in the office just looked at me as I laughed out very loudly!! :):)

Social source share

Heres his reply to a mates query about a five star 45...

RE: Question for item #4049678029 - NORTHERN SOUL*5 Star *Rain Or Shine

To enlighten you on the term, below is an explanation. Also anything north of the mason dixie line in the U.S. by black artists that sing soul in the 4x4 tempo can be referred to as Northern Soul. As I said in my previous email if you know, Fine. If you didn't, now you do.

link

And here it is, the 5 star link. the band leader is 5 stars dad. I remember this one being played locally in 73 ish when it was released. I don't know if it was played out at any big venues.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4048299491&rd=1

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!