Sly + The Family Stone, M'lady

Guest Michael Wilkins

Guest Michael Wilkins

Old age is causeing my memory to play tricks on me, but was this record ever played at Northern Soul clubs, and was there a dance that went with it, or was it just played at Funk soul clubs

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Michael, Yes it did get plays back in the day (at least i used to spin it) was a big Sly and Family Stone fan and still love a lot of their stuff, some is a bit too funky for some, rememember droping this in an oldies set ( was at Cleethorpes Pier All Niter or maybe the Winter Gardens) my memories not so good these day and had to laugh when Soul Sam came dashing  up to the decks (he was a bit more agile in those days) and asked "what's this?" as the French Fries - Dance Ala Music was a massive spin for him at the time.....Happy Days!!!

Social source share

Remeber hearing it Cleethorpes Rick , happy days eh  :thumbsup:  Trust you're well matey

Cheers

Swifty (Louth)  :thumbsup:

Hi Swifty, Yes i'm as well as old farts can be these days, trust you are too :thumbup: still buying old stuff i missed if good,  and anything new that moves the soul so no change there then :yes: Rick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!