• Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest NASHEE

ANYONE HELP

THE GASHER TIA whistling.gif

There you go....I dont play this out...I thought it was a legit 2nd issue...but alas I'm told it's not

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest NASHEE

is that the white phillips label...i thought it was legit too asa 2nd issue and paid £15 for it

mine is phillips demo too.....around that price....I was ok with playing it....but I'm pretty sure I wont be...if it's not legit...it's no better than a boot...is it?

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

The re-issue has no label number....

I'll have a look....It would be a nice surprise, if it was a real un rolleyes.gif ....not holding my breath tho

Social source share

I'll have a look....It would be a nice surprise, if it was a real un rolleyes.gif ....not holding my breath tho

if it is a boot was it booted for the northern scene? think the issue is approx £400 upwards maybe. another one like this is the one that came out by the tropics 'hey littel girl' - think it was a canadian release and i got it from canada for a few $......but think that was booted by the doo-wop boys?

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

if it is a boot was it booted for the northern scene? think the issue is approx £400 upwards maybe. another one like this is the one that came out by the tropics 'hey littel girl' - think it was a canadian release and i got it from canada for a few $......but think that was booted by the doo-wop boys?

I find this a lot with the stuff I collect.

records thats were booted for the doo wop...rockabilly...& rock & roll scene, are much harder to spot, than those done for the northern scene, you have to tread very carefully

Social source share

I find this a lot with the stuff I collect.

records thats were booted for the doo wop...rockabilly...& rock & roll scene, are much harder to spot, than those done for the northern scene, you have to tread very carefully

i heardc that too, a lot of stuff boooted for the popcorn scene too - e.g Sam Fletcher - I'd Think It Over on Tollie rolleyes.gif

Social source share

is that the white phillips label...i thought it was legit too asa 2nd issue and paid £15 for it

could be a legit re-issue? boot or re-issue whichever pretty sure it's the white label/demo, eiother way it has no number on the. Price wise for issue I'd say £400 tops, some have turned up I believe :lol:

Social source share

Guest SteveC

could be a legit re-issue? boot or re-issue whichever pretty sure it's the white label/demo, eiother way it has no number on the. Price wise for issue I'd say £400 tops, some have turned up I believe :P

Great sound and one that caused a few laughs amongst the South Coast crowd when I used to play it (listen to the lyrics) but was very popular and got good dance floor reaction.

Brought mine from Dave Flynn just b4 he left for Japan and sold it to Browny last year. £400 is the going rate but Browny had one on his list over the last month for substantially less although I'm not sure whether its the same copy I owned.

As far as I'm aware only stock copies known of. Believe the white ones are duds :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great sound and one that caused a few laughs amongst the South Coast crowd when I used to play it (listen to the lyrics) but was very popular and got good dance floor reaction.

Brought mine from Dave Flynn just b4 he left for Japan and sold it to Browny last year. £400 is the going rate but Browny had one on his list over the last month for substantially less although I'm not sure whether its the same copy I owned.

As far as I'm aware only stock copies known of. Believe the white ones are duds :lol:

What did Tim sell it for Steve? Think £400 is bit too much these days. If I was buying I wouldn't pay that.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

What did Tim sell it for Steve? Think £400 is bit too much these days. If I was buying I wouldn't pay that.

I could do with finding one.....with one of those nasty zero's knocked off :lol:

Social source share

I got one of these of Ebay, a Philips issue, a few weeks back, I haven't actually paid for it yet as I didn't look at the advert properly and didn't notice he didn't accept paypal. It was considerably cheaper than 400 quid I can tell you. If anyone wants to take over the auction and buy it thats fine by me because I don't like arseing about with international money orders. PM me if interested.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Hi Chalky

Don't know if he sold it but it was on his 31 July list for £400. I've obviously f****** up m8 but I'm sure Ive seen it for between £200-300 somewhere in the last month. Apologies all.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!