"i'm Gone" On Ebay

Tricky

Still laughing now.

Eddie Parker, Ebay, F******, over $2,000.

You wouldnt turn it into a clock.

:)  :thumbsup:  :wink:  :huh:  :ohmy:  :yes:  :D  :lol:  :thumbup:  :dash2:  0

Had to edit for language. Words like this cause problems for filters at work etc. Please refrain.

Cheers,

Dave

Social source share

assuming we may see a copy for sale every couple of years,and assuming they are decent copies,then its fair to assume that (especially with the prices reaching large amounts)most decent copies are never gonna be less than say £5k +,so  this particular copie is a bargain at a couple of grand,because you can always get it home and give it a good valet!

Edited by dobber
Social source share

assuming we may see a copy for sale every couple of years,and assuming they are decent copies,then its fair to assume that (especially with the prices reaching large amounts)most decent copies are never gonna be less than say £5k +,so  this particular copie is a bargain at a couple of grand,because you can always get it home and give it a good valet!

Big risk, could be a hisser :huh:

Social source share

Got to be honest it don't look so bad with a little label wear and you can pretty much guarantee it plays fine as it's vinyl, as it stands £1600 is a good deal

IMHO

Dazz

It does look bad Daz, it looks bloody awful, Love the track, but its not my cup of tea as a 45 I'd want to own myself, but in that condition, its a £500 quid record, and I'm even flinching quoting that much...

Why do people do it? well I know why, but I'm still coming to terms with 'why' having suffered the same addition as all you poor buggars...

Unbelievable...

mal;_)

Social source share

When it first appeared I asked for a sound file, he said he's sent it to my email address.,which is odd as I didn't leave him one lol

I then sent a coded one as ebay block email address's sent in messages... But not had a reply since?

It looks like it's been used as a Frisbee for the past 40 yr and I'm pretty sure he knows it too!

I can't even say good luck to the winner cos I'm pretty certain he/ she will be very disappointed when it lands :(

Social source share

Got to be honest it don't look so bad with a little label wear and you can pretty much guarantee it plays fine as it's vinyl, as it stands £1600 is a good deal

IMHO

Dazz

lotho-eyeglasses-2012-26.jpg

Social source share

I was  over at Tod Towers the other week to do a cam corder interview, with Martin Koppel for the digging book ( final piece of the jigsaw hopefully! ) The Eddie Parker 45 came up in connection with one of Martins stories about his good friend Coachmans - He went on to say that he only ever found the "I'm Gone " twice, both from Coachmans on seperate occasions. "That's a hard record to find" he says ... there is of course more to that story (in the book) forward wind 15 years to the early 80's he brought up a chat he and John Anderson had while having dinner stateside. They both agreed that very few guys had ever bought the 45's off the shelves from the actual intended stores or outlets ! Will post some of the video clips up when all printed up ,fabulous stories ...

Anyways i've never had a sniff of the Awake thing wonder how many folk have found it on here ? 

I seem to remember Nigel Martin having either 2 or 3 copies of circa 1973. His dad was a pilot with Canadian Pacific and used to do the records shops for Nigel. I thought that they came from Martin Koppel, anyway the story is his dad should have gotten "Love you baby" but the shop owner only had "I'm gone" so he bought them. Nigel used to get people writing to him, coming round his house and was approached all the times at venues, all begging to buy one. Ask Martin K if he remembers Nigel and/or his dad ?

Social source share

This is one of my favourites but I think you would have to have more money than sense to pay $5,000 for it to be honest. Good luck to the person who bought it.

Social source share

Second bidder placed the exact same bid as the winner, 6 seconds before the end. Just a single cent would do the difference and it would have been his. That's why you should always place bids with .01 at the end.

It wouldn't though would it, it would be going in like $10 increments?

Social source share

I seem to remember Nigel Martin having either 2 or 3 copies of circa 1973. His dad was a pilot with Canadian Pacific and used to do the records shops for Nigel. I thought that they came from Martin Koppel, anyway the story is his dad should have gotten "Love you baby" but the shop owner only had "I'm gone" so he bought them. Nigel used to get people writing to him, coming round his house and was approached all the times at venues, all begging to buy one. Ask Martin K if he remembers Nigel and/or his dad ?

I will ask Martin about Nige Martin, but he said the first E.P came from his first visit to coachmans it was off the shelf ( the other copy came some years later) he also got the "love you baby! same time and coachman put him onto the quantity of the white demo's of L.Y.B he found ( he added the stock copies of L.Y.B  were all over the place shops,markets and distributors) Koppel brought the copy of i'm gone over and sold it for a quid, because like he said then at the time he couldn't know it was as rare as it was! Once the interview is transcribed properly i will post this part up or better still the video clip. The one thing that is for sure with Martin is that he is straight down the line with his recollections...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I will ask Martin about Nige Martin, but he said the first E.P came from his first visit to coachmans it was off the shelf ( the other copy came some years later) he also got the "love you baby! same time and coachman put him onto the quantity of the white demo's of L.Y.B he found ( he added the stock copies of L.Y.B  were all over the place shops,markets and distributors) Koppel brought the copy of i'm gone over and sold it for a quid, because like he said then at the time he couldn't know it was as rare as it was! Once the interview is transcribed properly i will post this part up or better still the video clip. The one thing that is for sure with Martin is that he is straight down the line with his recollections...

Andy,

When Martin first went to States/Canada 1970/71I think he use to send me loads of stuff over,just wondering if I got I'm Gone of him or from somewhere else.

Edited by bri phill
Social source share

Andy,

When Martin first went to States/Canada 1970/71I think he use to send me loads of stuff over,just wondering if I got I'm Gone of him or from somewhere else.

Martin told me he first went over in 1968 which i wasn't aware of, i thought it was 1970 like you said .It would be nice to be getting those parcels now from back then .... 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!