Roscoe Thomas Sound Gems / World?

purist

The only ones on popsike are all World copies, although I can find a Sound Gems copy being offered for sale on this forum, I  cannot find a scan or other mention, except in a label listing for Sound Gems.
Can we draw any conclusions as to authenticity, or even which came first based on such little info as a few label scans ? 
I'm not trying to cast aspersions, but not having held a copy, those World copies look very cheap (but as both budget local labels, and bootlegs alike, can look cheap, that probably doesn't help) What is in the run out grooves of the World 45? My eyesight isnt great, but it looks like Virtue and that stamp that looks like a figure 8 on its side, on the SG copy.
and finally, as there seems to be a lot of demand for this 45 right now, what is the top price you'd have to pay for a copy on either label? I know it used to be a cheapy record, but perhaps I should add my SG copy came from Soul Bowl as an original back in the 70's, and if it isn't, I might have to ask John for my 10p back !

tia

Social source share

I was just going to post a very similar question..

I have both the World release and the Sound Gems release and both are definitely legit.. The guide price, as in many cases, is way behind on the value of this 45 due to current demand - and I agree the Sound Gems doesn't turn up at all as often ..

Price wise I think £150 ponds for the World release and, imho, it should be £175 on Sound Gems.

:lamsey:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!